Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow... I should never have doubted you.....

O you faithful readers you... all this checking has finally paid off!
Since I had so many comments I thought I should write again. It is already almost 10 and I just finished making Matt's valentime's card. I think he will love it and I am looking forward to our date on saturday night. We are going to a random church that we heard about on the radio and we are going there to see a movie called "Fireproof" You can youtube it to see a trailer if you so desire. :) I looks like a good movie. Dad might also wander over this way, so we got an extra ticket just in case he does make it. Wouldnt want him to come only to leave him all alone. hehe. He is also coming out for supper with us... if he comes. He really inst sure yet. He has things that he needs to do on the mainland, but he isnt sure if this is the weekend that he will make it over. otherwise in March, which would be just as great. I think that I am going to ask him to bring my violin.. and the books that went with it. I think I will give it another go so that I can play for the praise team at church. BUT I am not sure if I actaully will or not. I mean, I do live in an apartment and I wouldnt want to be evicted either. It might be small, but it is way cozier than outside. So we'll see what happens.
Matt and I went grocery shopping tonight, we havent gone since Jan.5. His lunch supplies were getting down to the bare minimum, although last week I dont think he had anything for his lunches because I didnt have time to cook suppers with leftovers. So on Sunday I made sweet and sour meatballs (with tante karens awesome recipe with teriyaki sauce instead of beef broth... MMMMM) and it was enough to make 9 meals... hehe. So there are still two in the freezer. We ate it for lunch and supper on sunday and we both ate it for supper on Tuesday and the other ones he had for lunch. Then last night I made spaghettii, with enough leftovers for the rest of the week. So we were so hungry shopping that we bought lots of yummy yummy food. We bought fish cakes and ice cream and chippys and I just could decide what I wanted to eat first. We had chicken burgers for supper with lettuce that I bought last time we went grocery shopping (which you can note bove was jan 5) and it was fresh crispy and delish! topped with fresh off the red vine tomatos (it said so on the sign at sobeys) Then we had chocolate chip cookie dough brownie ice cream.
Now Matt is studying for a test that is worth thirty percent. So I have to be really quite and not help the wrong things get into his brain.
Other than that, I had a pretty good day at work. Nothing too out of the ordinary except for some exceptionally cooked talapia fish. I like that kind because it tends to have less of a fishy taste.
Anyway.. I am really rambling here and i should get to bed since I have GEMS tomorrow night and then babysitting after... which I will also be doing on Friday night.
Alright. Lub you all, hope things are great in your lives and it was relly great to hear from all of you!
Love Matt and Amanda

4 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Wow...um..what a fun date with Matt AND your dad! I have heard about that movie too, you'll have to give us a review!!!

Glad you have a full tummy, a full fridge, and a full freezer. ALways good for lunches! Craig almost left without one this morning..tsk, tsk..

Karen Nieuwhof said...

My friend, Paula, saw that movie last week and she thought it was good. She wants to show it at our church. Let us know your opinion.
I echo TT's sentiments about the date with your 2 men. Have fun!
I only heard you play your violin once and you were very little. That's wonderful that you want to pick it up again. (Poor neighbours) How many years did you take lessons? (Poor Matt) hee, hee -- just joking. Music is a wonderful thing. Especially if you praise God with it!
You've made me have the munchies with all that talk about yummy food. I can't believe you haven't shopped since Jan.5. AMAZING! I wish!
Good luck Matt on your 30% test.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I'll catch up on all your news when we return (Mar. 4th). Have a great 2 weeks!
Love to both, Tante Karen and gang

Anonymous said...

Wow, all that talk of food is making me hungry too. Of course it doesn't help that it's almost supper time eh? I admire you for at least thinking about breaking out your violin again. I miss playing the piano and wish I had the room to store a keyboard. Some day. :) my M-i-l just got a new piano, but it's an "unsaid" thing that no one's allowed to touch it but her (so says my F-i-l). That's ok too. I don't think I'd want to play in front of their family. hahaha Love you much and I hope you have a fun V-tines evening.;)
Love,
~ M

The Nieuwhofs said...

It was good to visit with you guys, had a great time, loved the movie too. Sorry it took so long for my comment, had a lot of stuff to do before the trip. Glad you guys are doing fine. Have a good week you two, love, DAD