Monday, May 12, 2008

new beginnings

Im sure you are are sitting there wondering how my first day at work went, but think I am so egotistical that I imagine you all sitting by the computer clicking the refresh button just hoping that I have updated. But I know you all care how it was... so here it goes.
My first day at work was EXCELLENT! They even feed me there and I dont have to take a lunch. I am working with a girl who is extremely talented in delivering the emergent curriculum. This way of teaching is totally child directed and is done my following the child's lead in what they want to learn about and then teaching it to the children through play. I honestly can't imagine a better person to really be learning how to do this well. It is really exciting. I think our personalities will mesh well. They are so happy to have me there.... and I am NEEDED! So far so great!!! At this job I can bank hours and take afternoons off... I can work more hours if I need money. I can be sick and have hours saved so I can still get paid. It's sweet!!!!
Matt got to drive his new work car around a little bit today. He has to drive a sunfire and after I picked him up he got behind the wheel and said... "ahhh... it feels so good to drive a real car" He is so cute and I think he is going to miss the Vdub this summer. haha. He had to go to the other side of the river with his partner (for the whole summer) Jared (so now you know who jared is for future reference) They had to look at culverts that have recently been replaced so they know what they look like and what a new one would look like if they recommend that they should be replaced. Matt said they havent actually been shown any that look in poor condition. But I am sure that will come. The rest of this week is going to be training and then I guess we'll find out how much traveling this job willr eally entail. I guess I am counting on matt being gone for the rest of the summer a little bit. But he should be home on weekends.
Our babysitting weekend was good. Matt and I had a good time and enjoyed it a lot. I think I can finally understand why Mom liked having her time for herself at night. I still like spending time with matt but It sure was nice when the kids finally went to bed so Matt and I could really talk about the day and stuff. The kids were really good though and I would definitely do it again but I am not really in a rush to have my own kids. hehe.
anyway.. .thats enough reading and I still have to catch up on your blogs. I feel like I havent touched a computer in forever. haha
Love you all!
Love Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Sounds like your new job is going to work out good, that's great. Too bad about Matt having to drive a Sunfire, hope he doesn't end up wanting to trade the VW for one :).Glad your week-end went well. Good luck to you both on your new jobs, hope they both work out as good as they sound....Love Dad

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you are having fun at your new job. I don't know exactly what you do, but sound like you're having fun doing it.
And Matt driving a Sunfire, that would be a site. I hope he is having fun at his newjob too.
Love you both, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Oh, there you are! :)
Things sure sound exciting over your way. I am so happy that you are settling into your new job SO well. You are meant to be there, me thinks.
I'll pray for Matt as he has to drive a sunfire. How awful. :P Hopefully the rest of his job is better.
Aw yes: evenings without children. You know, I think my children will still be going to bed at 7:30-8:00 when they are 16 if I have my way. I sure look forward to time spent with just Marten. Now you understand. :)
Love ya much, Tante Karen