Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Am I Becoming a Workaholic?

I thought I would write a little bit while I am on my break. I am sitting at work on "my" computer, her name is woodstock (it says so right on the desk, some are named, Oromocto,Pabineau, Bouctouche. Those are all the names that I can actually read sitting here without glasses. That is kind of terrible) Anyway... on with things.
I know that since it is summer time a lot of us would actually rather be outside enjoying the warm sunshine instead of reading or posting on a blog. I totally understand and really do appreciate the people that are taking time out of their sunshiny day to hear about my day.
Things have been slightly crazily busy for Matt and I. I am working a lot more than I used to. I think it is because I have the option to actaully make more money. Plus they actually need me too. I really do like working here but I am so tired at the end of the day. I have never been with a bunch of kids that take so much energy. But honestly I have seen an amazing growth in them already that it is so worth it.
So other than that Matt and I have mastered completely the technique of flopping on the couch with our supper. I know it is a really bad habit.. especially when the dishes dont really get done until the next day. But we have been so wiped out. haha... I havent even convinced myself yet. Maybe next week we will do better. We are going to a birthday party tonight and then tomorrow I am going to Annelie's to work on the old house and then Friday Matt and I are babysitting. So... things are a little hectic.
Anyway, i feel as though I have babbled enough. I love you all and I hope that you have a really super day!
Love Amanda

6 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Thanks for taking the time to babble! Now we know a bit more about your fun days and evenings! You have to give yourself time for transition so just eat on the couch and ride it out a bit. Eventually you will feel like having romantic candelit dinners at your table again.....

Hang in there! Love ya, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

True words spoken by a wise woman.
Make sure that you don't get burned out at work. That takes the fun right out of it.
So nice to hear from you during the day yesterday. It fit right in. I hope you have a get a little rest tonight. Like a midweek breather.
Love you both, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi woodstock (I picture the little bird on Snoopy sitting on your shoulder)! :) Phew -- you sound busy. Take care and don't wear yourself out. The 'couch and dishes later' solution is just fine for now. You deserve it!
Love, Tante Karen

Dad and Sharon said...

You must have a very busy bunch of kids if they are wearing you down. The couch thing is a bad habbit, I know because we do it too, but this time of year it is easier to get up after we eat and go out and enjoy the nice evenings. Work in the flower beds or go for a walk. It really helps to relax you and seems to give you energy.Clears the head.You guys take care and don't let yourselfs get too run down.You can always come home for a relaxing week-end :). Love you both.........Dad

Dianna said...

im with you there, I have no clue how my week disapears so quickly! It was nice to read up on you guys, i hope you all are having a good week, and try to relax over the weekend ok! Love you lots!

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Oh my, you must be busy. It's been 10 days since you've blogged. Hopefully, you are better rested and are enjoying life. I miss our daily "chats". :) Take care, Tante Karen