Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rainy Day! Oh so rainy!!! That made for a really long pent up inside day at work. I got so frusterated today and there were times when I just didnt know how to handle the kids. That in itself bothers me the most and is the biggest challenge in my new job. In the end though it is fun to look at the fun parts of the day. We are learning about boats and earlier in the week we made boats out of large cardboard boxes. Today we painted a section of the floor blue. It was such a hoot. in the end some kids were covered in paint, right up to their diapers. :) They thought it was the coolest thing to be able to paint the floor. It was also funny because Stacy (the girl I work with) was telling me how cool it would be to have some rocks to go in our water. An hour later Matt called and said he was in a river and wanted to know if I wanted some rocks. Isnt that neat???
When i got home I had a large intake of sugar, which energized me a lot. Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 till 9:30 dragged myself to bed. Matt was laughing at me because it was so light outside. I slept till 7:30 and left for work again at 7:45. So when I got home today I really didnt want a repeat. I found a candy necklace and ate the whole thing. Then I made brownies. hehe.
I think Matt is having a lot of fun at work. Everyday I get to hear about where he went for lunch with his lovely dinner allowance. We both eat so well at work that I have needled our grocery bill down to $100 for three weeks. I eat breakfast , lunch and snack at work and Matt never ate breakfast in the first place. instead of taking leftovers to school we now eat them the next day for supper. That works out well.
Anyway, I was talking about what matt eats. I will elaborate more on this since I know you all want to hear more about that guy. haha. He looked at culverts in Alma today and there were no reataurants open for the season or they werent open until 4. They finally found a little home cooking reataurant that served bacon and cheese hamburgers. According to matt these are much healthier. I havent quite seen the logic yet. That is all the news that I have on Matt. He is VERY excited for MVOC (Maritime Volkswagen Owners Club) on saturday. He asked me today if I was excited for it. I told him that is was only Wednesday. haha.
Anyway... this is getting really long. I think it is time to settle in beside Matt and watch the Hockey Game.
I love you all and I hope that you all have a really great week. Talk to you again soon.
Love Amanda and Matt

PS Please pray for me. Work is awesome, but please pray for patience for me. ThanKS!

3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Uncle Ray has a meal allowance too and it is fun to ask where he ate when he is out in the field at a taxpayers.

I remember those days of nearing my wit's end with the little people...the other day I ate a whole chocolate bar by myself, I thought about saving a piece for each boy when they got home, but that thought was not allowed to take root and the whole thing disappeared.

I am the mom.

love ya, TT

Angela said...

Hey Amanda,
I am enjoying reading about your life in Fredricton, while I listen to my own small people cry out at each other in frustration....oh the joy and bliss. Anyway, I hope you had a good day today.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

You painted the floor!?!?!?!? Crazy! I hope you emphasized that that wasn't allowed at home! hee, hee. "But Mom, we did it at daycare." :) It's so cool that Matt 'knew' you needed rocks.
Wow - $100 for 3 weeks. I can't even do that for 1 week. Good for you.
I used to pray for patience. Then I realized that God would send me 'problems' so I could practice my patience. I've stop praying for patience and just ask for peaceful times! :) Something to think about!
Love ya still, Tante Karen