Monday, June 2, 2008

MY FLOWERS!!!!!

Matt is gone working away tonight and I went plant shopping. Since I have never really gone with mom but have talked about them lots I was a little lost with what to get. so MOM what do you think????

I am also planning to catch up on my cleaning and dishes. It should still be a pretty busy night.

On saturday Matt went Kayaking with some friends and I went shopping with the women since we werent invited to go kayaking. haha. It rained anyway and I dont think Matt loved it, when I suggested we do it some time he really wasnt keen on the idea. HAHA. I had such a good time. Later we met up with the guys and played some lazer tag. Then we came back here and had cake while we watched the movie SWAT.

Sunday we went to church, afterwards we went to Pat's house for a graduation celebration for him and his girlfriend Ashley. It was so fun!!!! Then we were on our way home and we ended up going to some open- houses. We saw some really nice houses and definitely some stuff we can afford when matt is done school. :) It was so fun to look and talk about what people should and should not do with their house. I think we watch too many home make over shows. \

I also repotted my valentine's tree. Can you notice that it was growing towards the light from the window. I turned it around though... do you think that will work?

Anyway. I think that is all the news for now.

OH, and the pictures are from the house that Annelie and I are cleaning out. REMEMBER???? :) love you too!

Love Amanda

6 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I always like the purple potato vine. Nice choice with the red begonia and pink geranium. It's beautiful. Take another picture in August to show us how it all filled out. :)
I always want to go to open houses too. But Uncle Marten doesn't. I love to look in windows at night time and sneek a look at how people decorate. Hee, hee. I love to see decorating shows too.
Marten is at my back saying "come on... let's watch a movie" so I gotta go.
Love ya, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

I'm getting older you know.
Lovely garden you have planted there. It looks great. Hope your week goes well for you. Love the pictures.
Love, DAD.

Mary and Isaac said...

Nice flowers! It really will look good all filled in. I miss planting windowboxes and planters. I wish we had a pice of outside to plant flowers. Alas, for now, it's not in the cards.
I think it would be fun to go to open houses around here... just need to coordinate a time that both of us are available. Someday...
anyway, I should get lunch started. I think I'm going to make some fajitas. Love you!
~ M

Dad and Sharon said...

Your flowers look great, very colourful. Sounds like you had a busy night last night. Going to open houses is fun, if you are just looking and not rushing to find something :). Hope the new jobs are going good. Have a great week. Love you both.....Dad

Dianna said...

WOW! How coincidental that the 3 of us went plant shopping on Monday too! Jordan wants to plant another garden infront of our house so we bought some plants for that,and then some of those are for the other gardens to fill in the empty spots.I think your planter is going to look very pretty.Your Valentines tree is looking really good too. Looks like its been growing very nicely! Hope that you have a good day!Love ya! Hugs and Kisses!

sugarnuggets said...

It's really starting to be spring when you start your containers! I agree that you should post more pictures as your plants mature...and don't skimp on the Miracle Grow! :):)

Love ya, TT