Monday, August 25, 2008

I climbed Sugarloaf Mountain!!! YAY ME!

Matt and I went to visit our friends Aaron and Cheryl in Cambelton. We went with Pat and Ashely. We had such a ball. We got there late friday night and then we got up Saturday Morning and Cheryl and Aaron made French Toast on their camp grill. Then we all set out to climb Sugarlaof Mountain. It was great until we actually got to the steep incline. It was hard for me but Matt pushed me and I actually made it to the top. Once we got there, A man was taking pictures and video clips for a brochure and also a TV show that Rogers in doing. So I am going to be on TV this fall. While we were getting our pictures taken the manager was telling us about all the work they had just finished on their mountain biking trail. They had people come from Whistler to create the trails and they attached bike holders to the ski lift. Matt thought it looked cool. But none of them brought their bikes. Pat asked if he had any and I told him that he would make their day if he could get them some. He said it would be no problem. We met them back at the lodge after lunch and then we all got tickets to ride the lift for the rest of the day and we got five bikes for 6 people. SO we had to share a little. The bike that Matt drove was worth $4500. It was really fun and extremely exciting. After all our photo shoots were done we all headed back for a much needed shower and had hobo pies for supper. We were all in bed by 10:00. We were so wiped out. Then we went to church sunday and afterwards visited Aaron's work. He works for a playground designing company and they also design steel bumpers for ATV's. It was pretty interesting. Then we set out for the 3.5hr drive home. We stopped in Grand Falls on the way and visited the gorge and then we got home. I went to bed early so that I would be up in time. Stacy is on her vacation and I am opening the daycare for the rest of the week. SO I have to be there at 7:00am. hehe. I actually dont mind at all. I had a lot of fun at work today.... its been awhile. Anyway. I think that is enough. Enjoy the slideshow. Luv you all!
Amanda

5 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

wow, you guys are going to be famous. Can I have your autograph?
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. We had a lot of fun with you guys last week too. I enjoyed the time off. Should do it again soon.
Have a great week. Love, DAD

The Nieuwhofs said...

Just found what I was looking for, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPe4fZNf74
Sorry that is the best I could do.

Dad and Sharon said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy week-end. Nice pictures, very nice view. Bet it was some trip down the hill on a bike! Glad to see you were wearing helmets. You will have to tell us when to watch for you on TV. Hope you are getting rested up, soon back to school. Love you both......Dad

rustico3059 said...

I guess you could say, been there, done that and got a T-Shirt. Glad you are enjoying yourself.
Love MOM

Dianna said...

wow! Great pictures, it makes me want to go on a camping trip and set up a tent, and go swimming in that water, or maybe Im just thirsty... Ill update soon! But Micaiah is walking now, just thought you might like to know! LOve you lots Man! Can't wait to see you and Matt here in NJ..hint hint wink...:) I love you alot! Di