Friday, August 8, 2008

ok... ok

I think it has been quite awhile since I have posted. But things are going well. Normal summer time stuff happening here. It has been a really chilly rainy week and kind of dismal. But all in all things have been going pretty good.
Matt was on call on Tuesday due to the high rivers and they had to be on call to take pictures and measurments of any washed out culverts. He was one of the only teams that did not get called out so he stayed home and emptyed our bag of rotten fruit fly infested potatoes. yay! I was wondering what smelled in there.
Tomorrow Matt and I are celebrating our second anniversary. Its not really until Monday but we thought it might be easier this way. Can you believe that it has already been two years ago?? Matt said that he is going to make eggs and toast for breakfast. Im excited already.
I still have to make him a card. It has been so hard since he is always home I cant just sit there and make a card while he is there .. haha
Anyway. I should get back to work I just wanted to give you all a little update. Love ya!
Amanda

4 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Really, I think I could make a card right beside Ray and if he was busy watching tv or on the computer, I don't think he'd notice. matt must be really observant. Checking culverts must do that to a person. :):)

Happy anniversary!!!
I'm celebrating for you with chocolate hazelnut gelato! Mmmmm.
Love yas, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Thanks for the update. Always good to keep up to date with my girls. I wonder what that smells like, rotten potatoes. Haha. Hope the smell and the flies are gone now.
I was talking to Eltjo, and he told me that up his way, the water was as high as in the spring. No wonder Matt was on call. Happy anniversary already and enjoy your breakfast.
Love, DAD

Dianna said...

Hey Darlin'
Sounds like life is normal for you over there. :) I just wanted to let you know that Mary and I want to confrence with you on Msn at some point about our little scheme. Let one of us know when an ideal date would be. Love you so much! Dianna

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey....Happy anniversary. How were the eggs? You must be buying NB potatoes, are you? Good PEI potatoes would never rot :).Hope you had a good week-end and got some nice weather. Think we must soon be due to get more then one sunny day at a time.Love you both... Dad & Sharon