Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

and a great one it really is too. I am sitting here with my buddy woodstock and we are having a grand old time while I am on break. I couldnt get one of the kids to sleep, but as I was trying to get one asleep, the one on the other side of me started scratching my back.... ahhh.... I love my job. But then I couldn't get the little back scratcher to sleep and now Stacy is valiantly trying.... What a hero.
They have all been pretty good considering that it is a rainy monday. We still managed to go outside for a little bit and the sun really did try to pop out for a little while.
Friday night Rinse and Jenn came over from PEI, they didn't make it until around 10:30 but they were still able to join in the party. We had a bunch of people over for supper and dessert to celebrate Jefta's birthday. Matt got a black forest cake with real whip cream from sobeys and then Jefta came bearing a tasty ice cream cake from DQ... yummy! and Then Ashley came with a marble chocolate truffle cake. That is the nice thing with these friends is that everyone needs to bring something and then there is always more than enough and no one is hungry. haha. Saturday morning we got up early to see Rinse and Jenn to continue their trip to BC. At 10:00 Matt and I were at Rudi and Amy's Apt. The men made waffles for breakfast and Matt wore my John Deere apron... Amy even has it on her camera... haha. Then we helped them move to their chalet in the woods that belongs to their grandmother. They are going to live there while they build their own house down the river a piece. It is just a small random river, but it is really cute. We are going back to their apartment tonight to have a pool party and they are taking us out for Wendy's beforehand... yay! haha
Sunday we went to church and then went for a BBQ at Jeff and Andrea's and then played the adult version of Scene it... talk about way harder than the kids one. For the rest of the day I read Redemption(i think that is the title) by Karen Kingsbury.... talk about a book.... it was good.. It was an afternoon read and next week I am getting the other 4 from the church library. In the evening Matt and I got cozy on the couch and watched driven.
Tomorrow evening I finally have an appointment with the Dr... can someone tell mom that???? Thanks! It is to see if I have Celiac Disease... Mom said we should get tested because it may be in her side of the family... so prayers for a test resulting in me NOT having it would be greatly appreciated. But I am going to be ok with what God decides. Well Love you all. Have a super day!
Love Amanda

PS on another great news note... Matt is done working up north... YIPEEE!!!! he is home all week!

4 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

What fun you have with your friends, and how chocolatey!! Good friends indeed, and they know you so well!

Fun to read that work is going well, and I hope your appointment and test go well.

Take care, love yous! TT

rustico3059 said...

Glad you finally got in to see the doctor, hope everything goes well. looking forward to seeing you guys, and maybe we can fit a shopping trip in as well. Love MOM, and have a great week.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

You always sound so busy, but in a fun-friend-filled way. It's so nice that you have so many good friends.
Celiac -- is that when you can't eat bread products, etc.? I'll await your doctors news. I hope you don't have it.
Hi to Matt. Glad he's home with you.
Have a great week. Karen and Gang

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you guys are doing good. Nice chatting with you this evening.
Glad for you that Matt is home again.
Hope to see you soon. Love, DAD.