Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Plug Your Nose!!!

Last week when I went to Annelie's they had a skunk underneath their deck. Henk Jan had to go underneath it and get it out. First the neighbour shot it and then Henk Jan took his gun and gave it an extra shot just in case. wouldnt want to run into that thing while it was still alive.

The men discovered the skunk while they were on the deck finishing their supper. Unfortunately the skunk must have felt intimidated. We werent sure if it was from the dog or the squirrel Either way the stench managed to permeate through the entire house and even my purse which was on the opposite end of the house. Annelie said it was because I got to close to the Camera. But Harry said the house still smelled when he got home form trucking on friday. The whole incident happened on a Monday. So I really dont think that I got to close. And I think having the pictures was well worth it. I might as well make Henk jan look a little bit like a hero. He willingly did the job when asked and did it well!

I also thought I would include an updated picture of my flowers. They really turned out well.

I was going to write more about my flowers, but I dont really remember what I was going to write since My keyboard got unplugged and I couldnt type anything and then I had to restart the computer.

Tonight I am going to hang out with Cheryl, last night we went for a nice nature walk, then we played Ticket to Ride. That was such a fun game. And I actually won. I played it on Saturday night too with Matt, Aaron and Cheryl. Matt is doing well. Another team went up to Bathurst this week so now Matt thinks that with their help they will be done up there in another week or two. YAY! I think he is getting tired of being on the road all the time and driving that sunfire. It is a good way to appreciate what you have I guess. Anyway. I really should get back to work. Thanks for reading and I love you all!
Amanda










3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

peeeeee-uuuuuw! Good thing you had something pretty at the end of the email:):)I put my flowers in pots a week or two ago and they are doing really well too!.

Sounds like you had a fun time though, even if it was stinky:)
Love ya, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Nice picture, glad it didn't come with the smell. Like your flowerbox, very colorfull.
Nice chatting with you this evening. Hope you have Matt back full time soon.
Love, DAD.

rustico3059 said...

Isn't it great to have men around sometimes. The flowers have really grown since the last picture.
Have a great weekend, Love MOM.