Sunday, March 9, 2008

Alive and Well!

I am here because Matt was checking his email and he got an email from his Dad wondering if were still alive. Since I am writing this we are obviously still alive. We are however weathering another "storm" Matt and I were scoffing it yesterday since it was such a beautiful day but I dont think it ended up starting until late last night. Matt had quite a layer of ice to get off the car this morning so that we could go to church. By Morning it was lightly snowing and drizzling. I think the weather plus the time change drastically affected church attendance, plus all the people absent for March break.
We had a really lazy day yesterday... our absence from the world wide web can be largely related to our current obsession with LOST Season 3... it is SOOO good. I cant wait until Dianna gets Season 4. I so love watching it this way at my own pace and however much I want minus the commercials. hehe. We have really been enjoying each other's company and really taking it easy and making sure we really get better. yay!
We did make it to the Mall yesterday and got some much needed bra shopping done. I know that is just too much info for a lot of you, but it was fun. I got a comfy new one that doesnt have wires poking into my ribcage... ok i'll stop. That really was too much info... but I needed to share with someone who understands... because Matt really doesnt. He trys and he willingly suggested the outing yesterday. Then Matt and I went to Jumbo and treated ourselves to some previoulsy viewed movies. We got the Heartbreak Kid... which I would seriously not reccomend to anyone... I am embarrased to own it. But the nice thing about Jumbo is that you can sell them movies back and then you still pay less than you would if you would have rented it. The other movie we got is the Jesse James one with Brad Pitt in it. It should be good. Matt wanted to watch it tonight but I suggested TV instead so that I can read my book a little longer and he can go on Custom Obsessions. This is matt's hobby/addiction. He loves to read about what other people do to their Volkswagens and what they want to do, what they are selling, and who knows what else. He is very thankful to have an aunt who understands hehe.... I am trying to understand and I'm getting there... this way I absorb myself in other things... like my book. He doesnt really love when that happens to me either. hehe.
anyway. I hope you all feel updated and I might write again soon. Who knows?
I do know that I love you all very much and greatly appreciate your prayers,
Love Matt and Amanda

6 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Oh yeah...I understand....

Glad you are well and properly supplied with undergarments. This always makes for a more uplifting way to get through the day. It's nice to know you have so much support now.

Once in a while you just fall off the face of the earth. It's okay...happens here all the time. Today is just such a day. 8)

Hope your day is great, love ya, TT

Dad and Sharon said...

Glad to hear that you are alive and well. Hope you weather the storm ok. I think it is time for spring....enough is enough. Happy to know you are now all comfy and don't have wires poking you. Just a thought but if I know Matt, the more he looks at custom obsessions the longer his wish list will get, you may want to keep that to a minimal. Enjoy your week....love you both..........Dad

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I've missed you. I was used to seeing a blog everyday. It's understandable to get "LOST" once in awhile (hee, hee) but I'm glad you're back.
I chuckled over the bra shopping story. Marten would be cringing if he read it. :D Good for Matt. What a great husband. :)
We watched the Jesse James movie last night. I won't tell you much so I don't ruin it for you but Marten found it slow going. Hope you like it more.
Happy reading Amanda and Happy Dreaming about Volkswagens Matt.
Love you both, Tante Karen

Dianna said...

haha...tante tetcy...well im glad your little shopping spree went well and that you both got something out of it! Last weekend Jordan, Micaiah and I went to Mays Landing Which is like going to Moncton except the drive is only 45 minutes long. We made a stop in at Victoria Secret, I had a gift card, and thought that I would treat myself, so Jordan came with me and helped me pick out a few undies, they are pretty cute! Dont worry, we will make sure and buy season four of LOST once it comes out!You are going to be completely shocked and "what the heck is going on!!" "Whhhaaaatttt???" just to name a few phrases we have used so far. Two weeks ago I was going to quit watching it, becasue the episode was so "gay" and made absolutely no sense and was depressing all in one shot, but then by the next thursday, I was ready to watch it again and it makes less sense now that it did two weeks ago too. It useless trying to figure it out,I just need to sit back and relax. Well I hope that your bras work out for you and are comfy, I have never had the experience of wires in my ribcage..it doesnt sound very pleasant...I hope you have a great week man! Love Dianna!
P.S. My books came!!!I'll send the finished one to you to borrow whenever I get a chance to finish one! Hugs and Kisses!
Dianna

Dianna said...

i just read tante tetcys blog and your comment. man did that trigger memories for me. I left what i thought was quite an amusing comment and though you might get a chuckle or two out of it...about the mandie pandie poop skeet part...hehe so yeah you should go check it out! Love me..

The Nieuwhofs said...

He Manda,

Glad you guys are well again. It was nice talking to you again.
Our church was pretty empty too on Sunday. From all the comments I would say that all in all: You are well supported!
Love you guys, DAD