Monday, March 17, 2008

hey hey hey what a wonderful day!

I was told once that titles are really nice... so there it is. Remind you of anything????
Here I am again. Thank you all for your very supportive comments. I thought I would take this little opportunity to finally write. Matt has been working on a rather large essay so I havent really been on the computer. Not that I missed it too much. I do enjoy updating all of you and reading the replies... but I had a nice relaxing week last week. It was so relaxing that I dont even remember what I did. hehe.
So I guess we're on to the update. Things have been going pretty well over here, we still have a lot of snow but the weather has warmed up quite a bit and it makes it a lot more enjoyable to be out with the kids. Matt, Pete, Klaas, Fieje and I went skiing at Crabbe on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, it was the perfect day and it was fun to see what everyone thought of Crabbe in comparison to Brookvale. We had an awesome time there and we got home in time for me to quickly leave again and go babysit.
I thought today would be a good time to update. Matt is still working on his essay and he was nice enough to cook dinner so that I could have a little visit with all of you. Isnt that nice. I really appreciate it but I do feel a little bit guilty sitting here while he is cooking... I should at least clean or something. But it is so important to stay in touch, and I so love all your comments and thoughts. You guys are awesome and I love you all a lot.
Matt and I are going home for the weekend. I think we are leaving Friday afternoon after lunch. We are going to our church for Good Friday, because our friend Brian is doing his profession of faith. And we as the young adults are acting as his family and we are going to sing a song, and we got him a cake. It will just be really neat to be able to be there and support him in the decision that he is making.
So that is the news here. I hope that you are all doing well and I look forward to hearing from you.
Lots of Love,
Matt and Amanda

4 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hey, you're back. :D We missed you.
Hope that Matt's essay is going well and that he's almost done.
March break is going well. We went bowling on Sat., to church on Sunday; Jason slept overnight at Nana's and Nicolle slept at Kathy's last night so Marten and I went to 10000BC and to Boston Pizza. That was nice. Now our cousin Janelle is here and the girls have made a fort in Nicolle's bedroom to sleep in tonight.
We're looking forward to Easter.
Maybe we'll get lucky and see you. :) Love ya, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you had a good time with the guys. And that your week is going well. That is always a good thing. It is not warming up a whole lot here yet. We went for a sleighride this morning at the Terpstra's.
Sara was having a fund raiser for her Sea To Sea Bike trip. There must be still two feet of packed snow on the trails in the woods there. I should write a little blog on that, but it is late already. Maybe tomorrow.
Love, DAD.

Eyes said...

Hey Manda.
Glad you're doing well. I think I may have time for a quick blog post of my own before work... just so you know, you inspired me.
I think I should install MSN on my comp again. I just got in trouble for talking to family too much this month (apparently, we almost went over our minutes). On MSN at least, I can talk to multiple family members (if prearranged) with no worries about weekends or minutes and stuff.
Anyway, Love you! have a great rest of your week!
~ M

sugarnuggets said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with the guys and now going home for the weekend. We just got back from Chatham...and the laundry is just caught up...well almost...but my bed is calling. Night!
Love ya, TT