Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

hello all,
Matt and I have been having a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent a lot of time with family which was really nice. It was good too see everyone and finally catch up on everything that is going on. Sometimes you miss a few links when you are depending on the information that other blogs provide. Hopefully I will be able to write a little more often. I had a lot of training workshops this past week,plus there was getting ready for our big four day trip to PEI. SO now we are just hanging out here relaxing and Matt is actually on the computer at the same time as me right now. How nice is that? Good way to hang out and catch up at the same time.
I got to go shopping with Mom and Rebecca yesterday. IT was so much fun. We tried on so many clothes and just had a balst. I managed to only spend what I had set aside for the shopping excursion until I got to Le Chateau. There was a really cute pair of shoes and since I was looking for a pair I thought I could stretch my budget.
Then we took Mom shopping and we found her some really cute clothes. It was so fun finding her different clothes to try on and wear. The most fun is just going together laughing and sharing in the fun of really cute clothes and really hideous ones. Its especially fun when the sales people tell you it looks gorgeous on you and really... it doesnt.
In the evening we had a really nice supper with Matt's Dad, Sharon and his sister Karen. It was really nice to catch up with them and hang out and eat a good meal.
Then it was pretty much Sunday. I made some egg McMuffins, quickly got ready for church., It was a bumpy drive, so Matt got a few more gray hairs I think. He says that his heart just drops to his stomach if we hit a big bump and it makes him really nervous. So the roads havent really been the greatest for his peace of mind. haha poor guy
After church we went to Matt's Uncle Bob and aunt Cathy's house. We had Easter dinner there and had a great time with them. Then we went and had a little visit with Nanny and Grampy and Grampy had made Matt and I a little cupboard with the leftover wood from the shelf they had made last summer. It is such a beautiful cupboard and such an unexpected surprise. We even found the stain that we used on the book shelf. That will be a nice little project for me in the next coming weeks :)
Anyway, I think that is enough reading for now. I will hopefully write more sometime this week. love you all,
MAtt and Amanda

3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

No such thing as too much writing!! I can just imagine you three running around Ch'town...and it's okay to stretch the budget once in a while, especially for something you need (after all, it wasn't really an impulse buy if it was something you needed!)

Love ya, TT

rustico3059 said...

Great you made it home, and that you enjoyed your weekend.
I heard via the grapevine, from Klaas or Feije (still can't tell them apart), who heard it via the VW Forum that Matt had Turbo problems. Another few grey hairs I guess.
Have a great week,
Love MOM

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you had a good time on PEI. And you got some nice clothes out of it. And a cupboard.
Did you have some car trouble? That is not very good. Hope you get it fixed.
Have a great week
Love, DAD.