Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Did Someone Say Car Trouble?

We had to bring the car in for an oil change yesterday (Monday). They dropped us off at the hair dresser really early. Matt wanted to stay at the dealership but even after telling the person that he still said "Your car is ready to go" so we went. Matt took me out for a coffee at Tim Hortons while we were waiting. He had his hair cut by 2:30 and he called for someone to come pick us up at Tim Hortons again. At 3:00 we were still waiting so Matt called again. by 3:30 we were still waiting and Matt called again. It was 3:40 by the time we were finally picked up. I was SO annoyed because these people were making my arrival back here later and later. BUT we did get a free oil change... so i told Matt that the wait was worth the $130, because they changed the air filter too.
While Matt was there he talked to Clarence the experienced mechanic. Whenever Matt goes over 3000 RPM's the car loses power. He wanted to know what could be causing that, he told Matt that it was more than likely our turbo going. We got a quote on a rebuilt one and installed it is only $1123.00. So thats a BIG relief.... not really. But its not broken yet so Matt has some time to look for a cheaper one and we may not get it done at the dealership but at Gunthers (a VW Garage) He was already looking at some bigger and better Turbo's today for almost the same price as the rebuilt one. haha. oh welll... thats the way it goes. But I wouldnt reccomend a VW unless you really love them. Because quite honestly I really like the car too. But it isnt a cheap love... but I know that I can depend on my car. I saving the money on CAA. hahah.
Other than that I had a great day back at work and it was good to get back into the routine again. I could have used more time at home. But might as well be positive about it right? My time at home was SOOO nice and I really enjoyed it a lot. Work is good though and I just love those kids. :)
Yesterday the Dept of Transportation called Matt and asked if he was still interested in a job with them, He said that he was. So they are going to pass his name onto the Manager. I think they were just trying to make their big list a little bit smaller and not wasting the mangers time. So pray that he gets an interview. This is something that Matt is really interested in doing. If he gets on with them in the summer he would have a good chance of getting a permanent job with them. So pray for God's guidance and that if this isnt the one that God will direct him a clear path to take.
Anyway, I should get going Matt is cooking supper right now. He wanted me to get my computer stuff done because he is going to reformat the computer and that takes awhile. I love you all a lot. Mom, I hope that you are feeling a lot better and that you finally got to show Dad your new clothes.
Love you all lots,
Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey , $130.00 isn't bad for a couple hours wait. I would say you lucked out pretty good there. Glad you made it home save and sound. Sorry we missed you guys on Sunday, but Karen had studing to do, so we had to cut our visit short. Really enjoyed Saturday evening, it was great to get caught up.Good luck with the Dept. of Transportion Matt, we will pray that it goes well for you. Good luck with your trubo hunt also. The mechanic you talked to never mentioned if you could put new bearings in your trubo or not, did he? Anyway...good luck with both the job and the trubo...love you both........Dad

sugarnuggets said...

Glad about the wait...I think...
I hope that you find what you're looking for...and that you get an interview!! That's soo cool!

Blessings today, love ya, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Oh my, I can't believe you had to wait that long. Good luck on the Turbo shopping.
How was Cranium... I mean work... today Amanda? :)
Matt, I am so excited that you got that call from Transportation. I'll keep praying for the next step... an interview. I know you have your heart set on working for them. Hope it works out.
Hope you both have a great evening. Love to both, Tante Karen
PS. I was SO happy you came for a visit on Sunday. GREAT to see you. :)