Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ATTENTION NANNY & GRAMPY!!!

hello dear friends and family,
I was in the middle of writing you on Sunday and I was going to upload some pictures but it just wouldnt work and the computer was having some major issues. So we brought it away to get fixed on Monday and Matt started the computer to show the guy what was wrong with our computer and it started working again. So that was awesome. I think the guy was a little dissapointed since he could have made some good money from us... he said he could reformat it ... but he didnt need to hehe.
Matt has also been busy studying. His exams are coming up and his last classes are Monday and Tuesday. After that it should be studying hardcore. Other than that he is ready for the snow to leave so that we can start playing tennis. We got some Tennis Raquets on sale at Sport Chek, they have an abundance of outdoor tennis courts here, so it would be a really inexpensive form of recreation and exercise for the both of us. I am really looking forward to it.
When we went home for Easter Grampy surprised us with a really nice cupboard. It was made with leftover wood from the shelf that Matt and Grampy made last summer. So I spent a lot of time last week staining it.. my work looks really great... from far away. If you look really closely you will notice that I should have spent a lot more time on it. I also forgot to do the knob... but it wanted to be different anyway. hehe Thanks so much for the cupboard Grampy, we LOVE it!!!!
I also included a picture of our sad little tree/plant.






You may also notice that our place is half decently clean too... thought I would throw that in there.
Dad, Matt and I just finished listening to Eragon last night. We went to Jumbo yesterday hoping to buy it.. but alas they did not have it for sale. Maybe another day. hehe. It was SO good. Did you know that the guy who wrote it is the same age as Dianna and that he wrote the first draft when he was 15. He was planning to make it a trilogy but I read that there were too many loose ends so there is acutally going to be 4 books. I thought that was really interesting to learn. Someone almost my age is writing something THIS good. I am really impressed.
Alright. I have to go and read my book. I'll leave you now with these lovely pictures and gladly accept any comments. Love you all,
OH, Matt had his interview today. He thought it went reasonably well. His job would be going around inspecting culverts. Since the Dept of Transportation includes all of NB, part of his job might include staying overnight in some parts of the province so that they dont drive back and forth. So it should be ok. Hopefully he gets the job so that the search is over and that he doesnt have to do Coop either, since he is hoping to get on full time with the D.O.T after graduation. It would be a good job since it is for the government. So we'll see. I will definately keep you posted.
Love to you all,
Love Matt and Amanda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Amanda:
I think you did a great job on the cupboard Amanda. It looks nice.
I also think we have had enough of the white stuff for this year. Time for a change in the weather.
Glad to hear that your interview went well Matt. We'll be praying that you get the job and also that your exams go well. Grampy says hi and we both send our love, Nanny

Dianna said...

Hey Man...
sorry I have been away for so long! Your house looks so cute! I definetly am going to have to come over for a visit to your little casa in the not too near future! Guess what! Micaiah has two teeth coming in! We are both really excited for him! He looks like a little baby hippopotomus with his teeth rght now! Too cute! Well its about nap time for the little guy, so off the the bathtub we go! Love you lots ! Dianna
P.S. I really like your cupboard! XOXOXO

Dianna said...

oops did i say not too near! i meant near! sorry! love me

from micaiah to tante amanda: v /??b ./pol gykr tgfr6tf yt yvg l n h n mn m nnnnnnnnnnnn

n mnnm jnm 7jmymmmhj m, nn bv vv b n mhtb n b ny o 8

lots of slams! love micaiah6gh 9 njvg

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I'm glad your computer started working again and that you had a chance to blog. Love the pictures. Nice job on the cabinet everyone. Nice apartment... so clean. :)
Lots of prayers for Matt -- exams, job and spring time for tennis.
You're in our prayers too Amanda.
Love to both, Tante Karen

Mary and Isaac said...

Hey Manda, You're cupboard looks great.
How's work going for you? I haven't talked to you in awhile. I still need to download MSN again... then we can chat sometime.
Anyway, Love you!
~ M

rustico3059 said...

Great looking cupboard, and your place looks clean as well.
Have a great week,
Love MOM
(P.S. I finally made it off the couch)