Saturday, April 26, 2008

The GREAT news!

SO... I have a new job! I am employed by the UNBITI (Union of New Brunswick Indians Training Institute) They also offer post secondary education, One of the programs is Early Childhood Education. In this building they also have a small daycare (max kid spaces is 17) The pay is much better than where I am now, so that is definately a bonus. One of the reasons is because it is a non-profit daycare which means that all money that is paid for childcare is put back into the center to improve it. It should be fun and I will be working with quite diverse children. I start there on May 12.
Matt's exams went really well and we are still waiting to see what the actual marks will be. So we will hope for the best. Right now he is cleaning the car inside and out. I am supposed to be cleaning in the house. It has been awhile and I really need to declutter. I am watching Pride and Predjudice right now too. I LOVE that movie. I think it is my favourite right now.
This morning we went to a Funraiser Waffle breakfast to raise money for Brian. He is biking across the States this summer and any money that is raised goes directly to world hunger. The money for the actaul trip is already covered by corporate sponsors. So the riders are expected to raise $10,000 each. I think there is 150 bikers all together. So thats a nice drop in the bucket.
All right I should clean and make some lunch but I'll leave you with a few pictures we too this morning of our walk (yeah we went on a really nice walk across the river). Ok More later. Lub you all!





If you look really close at the pictures you will see how high the water is. You can almost kayak to the church. In the picture below you can see a little roof sticking out of the water.


4 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Hey, that's so great! That will be SUCH an interesting job, and you will be such a blessing there!!
I'm glad Matt's exams went well and that he can focus fully on his car for an afternoon.
Hope you have a great weekend! Love ya, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

The water level is really high, imaging if it would have rained a lot too yet, the river would have gone out of bounds. Quite the pictures.
Now that Matt is done with his exams, you can move on to the next stage of your life. And a new job for both of you. It all sounds real exciting. All the best and hope to hear all about it.
Love you both, DAD.

Dad and Sharon said...

Great news.....both the new job and exams going well. Congradulations on the job, sounds like it should be interesting and knowing you....fun.Looks like the river was pretty high. Bet your car looks pretty good... inside and out now. Ours needs a good spring cleaning. It's on my todo list.Love you both.....Dad

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Great News! Congratulations. I knew it wouldn't be hard for you to find a new position. Anybody in their right mind would want you on their team. :D Can't wait to hear interesting stories about your new work place. Hope you LOVE it.
Looked liked a nice day for a walk. Amazing how much water there is. Good pictures.
Lub u 2, Tante Karen