Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Viewing Hole

If this was the window into our lives you wouldn't be able to see a lot. :) The snow here is finally starting to melt, but as you can see it still has a long way to go. The Playground is still covered in wet snow and the kids love playing there. It is a battle to keep them out of the puddles. It's not that I am trying to be torturous, but they really aren't equipped for the puddles and then five minutes later they are wet. So that is the way it has been going. I am actually ok with the snow being there because I know once it really starts to melt it will be too big of a mess for us to even go outside for fear of permanently damaging the back yard. So we'll see how it goes. I hope it dries up quick!

Things here have been steadily busy. Matt got a Job with the Department of Transportation here so that is such awesome and relieving news. The lady that phoned him about the job is also putting his name in for a job where he wouldn't have to travel. But the job would be mostly office work. So he will go for the job that seems like it would be more enjoyable. We'll see what happens in the long run, but he is guaranteed that job with the D.O.T.

Right now Matt is really busy studying. So that is good but it is hard for me not to distract him. He finds enough distracting things to do himself. But he really is good at applying himself and setting study goals before he allows himself to truly get distracted.

This morning Matt and I went to Science East. One of our friends is in the education program and he had to do a science demo. We got in for free and we got to try out all the other cool experiments. It reminded me a lot of when Mom and Dad took us to the science place in Halifax. It was a lot of fun there and today just brought all those fun memories back. When you think of fun memories that you have from being a kid it makes you more determined to give those same experiences to my kids.... dont get your hopes up yet.... it wont be for a while.

Other than that nothing is new. Matt and I are going to biblestudy tonight. The first time in a while. I am so looking forward to that. Anyway. I am going to make some cookies. Matt is going to keep on studying... I even have proof of his hard work. :)


Chat with you later,
Love Amanda and Matt

4 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Oh my, that's a lot of snow. I can actually see grass on my front yard today, and it's green. So nice to see. Except that it's raining.
I'm so excited that Matt got the job. Did you celebrate? :) or is he too busy studying? :( Summer is coming -- you promised. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's so nice to get online and see that people love you and care about your life. You made me smile.
Love you, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

Congratulations with the job Matt. I hope it will work out well for you. And the cupboard in the last post looks great. It looks like a very sturdy piece of furniture. Great job.
I see that you can see a little bit of sky again. I'm done snowmobiling for this year. It is getting to busy on the farm now. Too many things to do.
Hope you guys have a greeat week!
Love, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

Yeay! How wonderful to have a job lined up already! That gives you more energy to focus on your studies. Hope it is going well...brings back memories of Ray tied to his desk with the books!

Blessings! TT

Mary and Isaac said...

My, you've still got quite the pile there.
Congratulations again Matt for getting accepted with the D.O.T. And we're proud of you for applying yourself to your studies so well... trust me, I think Isaac knows the feeling. :)
Hope you guys have a blessed week. It was good to talk to you yesterday Manda.
Much love,
~ Mary