Monday, April 21, 2008

The Juicy Details

Guess What! I have a job interview at Footprints Early Childhood Development Center tomorrow at 1:00! I just did a little bit of research and they just opened up on April 1st. Working in a brand new center would be nice. Thteey have quite a large staff already so that shows that they have the right people in place from the very beginning. We'll see how it goes. I am excited about the job prospects. We were talking at work today about what kind of questions I should ask and Lisa said i should go in with the mentality that they are going to hire me because I am so good. Then I should look at if I actually want to work there.
If you wanted to google it to see where it would be in comparison to where I live and UNB.. here is the address..
30 Wilsey Rd, Fredericton (daycare)
127 Mooers Drive, Fredericton (home)
152 Bradshaw Drive (I am special )
College Hill Daycare (ust type that in for UNB)
Thought you might fond that interesting if you have nothing else to do... dont feel obligated. I like looking at all of this by satellite. Then you can actually see where the buildings are and stuff. :)

Matt and I had a really nice date on friday night. We made reservations for 7:30 at The Blue Door. I got all dressed up and Matt actually did too. He wore his nice shoes and his blue dress shirt. I wore my white pants and my new shirt from Dynamite. Matt suggested we leave early and walk around downtown. It was so fun. We went into all kinds of neat shops. Downtown Fredericton is so beautiful. It was nice just to be able to relax together and enjoy each others company. Then it was time to eat. We got there and it was a really classy place. We opened the menu and it was 20-30$ a plate... so we're like... ok... we're celebrating. We couldnt figure out what anything on the menu was. I said.. I dont really want to spend a whole days work on something I can't even pronounce. So I pretended to get a call on my cell phone and Matt told the waitress that we got a call and couldnt eat there anymore. LOL ... she was totally understanding. so we went down the street to our favourite pub.. definately still classy. But they were full, then we tried Jungle Jim's.. they were full too.. we even tried the steakhouse... everything was FULL! so we went to Sobeys and got a premade philly cheesesteak pizza.. so matt could still say he had steak. Went home and enjoyed a movie. Even though the going out for dinner didnt happen like we planned... we had SO much fun. We laughed so much about it all and just had a really fun and even romantic night. :)
It was really nice to have Mom and Dad come with Caleb and Damaris. They left at six in the morning so that they could make it to church. That meant a lot that they could meet our church family here and talk with them and really share in the joy that we experience here. I think they liked it and then they came over for lunch. It was such a nice day and so good to see them and talk with them.
After they left, Matt and I went and tried our tennis raquets out for the first time ever. We had a lot of fun... then we went home and watched a movie and relaxed. So NICE!
Anyway I should go get some things ready for my interview tomorrow and make sure that I am ready. Please pray for me and pray for Matt too at 7:00pm when he writes his last exam. yay!!!
LOVE YOU!
Matt and Amanda

5 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey thats great that you got an interview already, Good luck ,hope it it a great place to work and also has that special kid who needs those hugs. I was thinking you were through writing on Friday Matt but guess you still have one to go, good luck with it. Sounds like you had a fun night on Friday, guick thinking on the phone call. Good luck to you both tomorrow, we will be praying for you both.........Love Dad

sugarnuggets said...

Aren't those the best dates? When nothing turns out the way you planned and you still have a great time because you are with the one you love!
Yeay....only one more exam to go! Blessings, and peace and clarity of mind to you, Matt!

Love yas, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hi guys,
It was really nice to spend Sunday with you two. Even though it was a short visit, it was great to see you both.
Hope your interview went better then you thought Manda.
And I hope that Matt's last exam went good too! You're doing great Matt, we're very proud of you.
Hope you both have a great week.
Love, DAD.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

So, how did the interview go? By Randall's comments, you weren't too pleased with it. Have faith.
It's Wednesday and that means... Matt's done of his first year at UNB. Wahoo! Well done! Can't wait to hear what great marks you got! :)
The date night story is so funny. I can just picture you faking a phone call. And then to top it all off... dinner a la Sobeys. Glad you can laugh about it and still enjoy an evening like that together. I'm taking notes for our trip to Moncton. Thanks!
Love ya both, Tante Karen

Unknown said...

Hey MAnda. How did your interview go? And Matt's exams?
Sounds like you had a really fun date. I'm glad that you got a chance to really spend some quality time together. I know how it is -both of you are so busy and by the time the day is nearly done, you're too tired to think.
I'm waiting to hear back from a job. I'm beginning to think I'm not getting it.
Anyway, Love you and I did think about you guys this weekend specifically... now I know why :)
Bye