Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Good News and the Bad News....

The Good News: Matt got 28/30 on his big paper that he was writing awhile ago. He did awesome and the professor was really impressed. It was really nice way to brighten the day while he is studying for exams. He has already had a few late nights. But on saturday after his exam we had such a nice evening. We sat there and had a nice bowl of ice cream. We had such a nice time sitting there talking and sharing... which was exactly what I needed.

The Bad News... I lost my job. I have work until the end of may and then I am hoping to have a new job because the prospect of being unemployed is really scary. I was already looking on the job bank and there are two GOOD daycares hiring right now. So now the mad scramble to get my resume in and try and convince them with a peice of paper that I am the one they should be hiring. My boss said that I could use her as a reference so that is good that I have someone here that can vouch for my reliability and hard work.
I am not looking forward to starting all over again at a new job. trying to build brand new realtionships with parents and co workers.. Meet new kids.. that is an easy part. It's just so hard. The unfairness of it all hurts too.. .but it makes sense that she keeps her niece instead of me. She just gets so many perks by keeping her and she is helping her sister too. It makes me feel good that family is coming first for her because it means that to some people in the world that is still so valued. Money is important too... and I am more expensive. I'm going to be ok. I really am. But I need your prayers, There are going to be so many choices and I desire with all my heart to choose the right one and go with God at my side.
Thanks for your thoughts, support and prayers. You have no idea of their value. I love you all so much and thanks for reading. Don't forget to pray for matt's exams too.
Love you all!
Amanda and Matt!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work on your paper Matt! We're praying that your exams go well too. Sorry about your job Amanda, but I know with your personlity and love for children, you'll be sure to find another one. We'll be thinking of you and praying that all goes well for you.
Love to you both, Nanny

sugarnuggets said...

That's great news for Matt, and not the greatest for you, but where a door closes a window always opens. God must have some great thing in store for you, a place that He needs you to fill...and you will find it and fill it with all your love and bubbliness! Just hang in there and wait on the timing!

Love ya, and of course we'll pray for you! TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Great job Matt, We are all proud of you. Hope the others will go as well. We will continue to pray for the both of you.
And Amanda, don't worry about the money, I'm sure God has His reasons for bringing this about right now. Every cloud has a silver lining, we just have to see IT, rather then the dark cloud. Hang in there, see you this weekend. Love, DAD.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...way to go Matt...we always knew you had tremendous potential. And Amanda,
believe that God loves you and wants only the BEST for you...be excited about the amazing plans he has for you. We are praying for you both.Be blessed!!!!

Dianna said...

Good job Matt! We are proud of both of you guys! Man, you are in our prayers, like tante tetcy said, God has more than definetly got something GREAT in store fo you!!! And I cant wait to find out what it is!!! Love you so much!!! Dianna

Dad and Sharon said...

Way to go on your paper Matt, hope your exams are going just as good. One more tomorrow isn't it and then you are done??Too bad about your job Amanda but I'm sure you will find another one, you have a great way with Kids that really shows. Your old boss's loss will be someone elses gain. We will pray that all goes will for you both........Love Dad

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Matt, you're amazing. High marks on papers, a great studier, and it sounds like you're a great husband -- what a nice way to spend a saturday night. A+++++++
Now, you have a extra job -- supporting your wife and her search for a new job.
Amanda: I'm sorry to hear that you were let go. What!?! Are they nuts? Don't they know they have the best in the business working for them? :) I bet God has some little child just lined up for your extra special hugs and love. He just has to bring the two of you together now. It'll happen.
Extra prayers for the two of you tonight. Love ya lots, Tante Karen