Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Chapter.

I am sitting in a really old classroom and it was probably really cool in mid 1800's when it was first built. The chalkboard is built into the wall and framed with wood molding... and nothing looks REALLY strait. What amazes me the most is the craftsmanship in the building. People just dont do that anymore. The doors are all tall and wooden and when you walk in the room you walk up two steps. The desks are really narrow and high. Definitely meant for taking notes and not typing on a laptop. Matt really likes this room for studying... I'm not sure why. But they are enjoying throwing the football around once in awhile when they cant quite figure out the solution. Whatever works to relieve the stress. Now that you can imagine my florescent lit surroundings I'll get on with the story of my life.
My job-less situation is a lot less stressful and daunting than it was on tuesday. It's kind of a joke at work. I make joke about what I will and will not have to do at my new job. haha I have applied for four jobs and have only been rejected by one (they were looking for a casual worker) I have three more possibilities and I hope that there is one that is perfect. I would love to get a job at College Hill... conveniently they were hiring... A God thing to be sure. I am really not crazy about their starting shift of 10-6. I just think it would be rough coming into town at 8:15 for Matt's first class and me not having to work for another two hours. THEN I lose a lot of my evening too. That's a big thing for me. I would get a new shift as soon as someone else quit and they had to hire again. That could be two months or two years. Not so much. The next one is pretty close by.. BUT I tried to find it today but couldnt ( I emailed my resume) and then the third one is a little farther away, the pay is great, they sound really good. SO the rest remains to be seen.
My boss said I could take some time at work to go to interviews and she will even pay me for that time... like YAY! haha so that is the job hunt. I will let you know if I actually get any interviews.... Because if I do I will look for a kid that looks like they need some special hugs and then I will know if it is the perfect job. :)
Matt said his Exam went alright for him today. Last saturday I forgot to pray for his first exam because I was so busy and it just slipped my mind. The second one I remembered and I really thought and prayed about it. The way it turned out, the first exam wasnt real great and the second one went really well. So today Matt said to me... dont forget to pray. I was SO pumped. I had a job to do and I was going to do it well. At 2:00 I was going to pray hardcore at work. 2:00 rolled around and I had to get the babies up, we were running late and I forgot and didnt remember until 5:00... just when the exam was over. I couldnt believe it.. .my one job and I blew it. I felt so bad. Then I couldnt even find matt and my cell phone was dead. So I just went to the church and hung out with Renata.. she told me that Jesus still knew what Matt needed.
I am not looking for sympathy here, but I did want to share.. Im not really sure why... Maybe to show all of you that I am not perfect.. but then again... you knew that... that was so silly (said in my kid voice)
Anyway, enough of that foolishness. I really need to thank you guys for your constant support during this stressful time. Matt and I are still holding up well and are still able to smile at the end of the day and you guys just make that difference. I will be sure to read Matt all the comments on the way home later tonight. I didnt want to embarrass him in front of his friends (you know how boys can be) or break his concentration.
Love you all oodles....
Amanda and Matt

PS... Tomorrow's exam is at 2:00... I WILL remember to pray... you too!

PSS... Matt is taking me out for supper tomorrow night... and NOT to wendys. A REAL life restaurant. YAY! Its a date! Ill give you the juicy details later.

5 comments:

Dianna said...

hi beautiful...
I hope that you will be sucessful in your job hunt,they would be crazy not to accept you, you are very good with kids after all.I really love reading your blog. I wish that I could write like you, its so entertaining and exciting. I am praying for you bith, that Matt will do well with studying and exams, and that God will provide you with the most ideal job you've always wanted! I love you guys lots, and cat wait for the next post, Love Dianna and the boys!

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad Matt's exams are going good. Good thing Jesus doesn't depend on our prayers to do His will. And good thing there are a lot of people praying for you guys.
Hope you get word back from your job prospects soon. We'll keep praying for that as well.
See you soon. Love, DAD

Dad and Sharon said...

Guess by now Matt's exams are over, hope they went well, and you are both having a relaxing week-end. Hope your job search is going well also Amanda. I am sure you will find the right job, and the kid that needs that special hug. You are both in our thoughts and our prayers.......Love Dad

sugarnuggets said...

Yeah..I hope you are enjoying some downtime too by now....I am waiting for my meat to marinade, so it is freetime here. :):) There is much chess going on upstairs.

Hope the exams went well...and I'm so pleased to hear that you aren't finding your job situation too daunting...that's faith at work!

love you lots, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Good Morning! I know you're at work and you'll get this tonight... so Good Evening! I assume Matt is studying for that last exam (or perhaps playing football!). One more to go Matt and then you're free. You've had a great year and we're proud that you've done so well. Hope you enjoy your summer job.
Amanda -- we hope that you enjoy your summer job too. Whereever that may be. (Lexi's and Carson's mom said you can come back here and look after them. :) Then you can come to our pool again.) Keep us posted. It's so nice to hear that your stress level is fine and that you're still as cheerful as ever. I am shocked, however, to find out that you are NOT perfect. :P hee, hee. We'll try to remember here about the 2:00 exam. Then, have fun on your date. Love to both, Tante Karen