Monday, February 4, 2008

just another ordinary...ordinary day.

are ya singin with me yet?
So to finish last time's story. I made the nice card and did not bring cookies or muffins... It just didnt seem like a great idea. but I did make a card. haha.
Matt drove me to the bank machine where I took out the money. I had to fold it so that it would actually fit into the card. The money worked out that there was an extra five dollars in the envelope. We met him at the Tim Hortons right near the bank smiled and nodded Matt shook his hand too and we both thanked him from the bottoms of our heart. That is where the story ended.
We picked Jefta up for Biblestudy and headed on our way to Pat's house. 7 minutes later my phone rang. It was the same guy. His name is Elwooj, by the way. I saw his name on my caller ID and I was really surprised. I picked up the phone hoping that I hadn't miscounted. he said " hi Amanda, thanks for the great card, but there was too much money in the card." Here I am thinking I overpaid him by twenty dollars and thinking... shoot. There went that money, then I remembered that I had re counted the money before putting it in the envelope and he was calling me because there was five dollars too much.
Talk about nice. And then he told me that he liked my card and that I really shouldnt have done any of it. Imagine if I would have made him cookies.
I thought you might enjoy the ending of that story. At least I think it ends there... who knows really.
Sorry Tante Tetcy, I missed your note and I went to the movies without you. I went with Jefta... she was the other only one that hadnt seen the movie and we had a two for one ticket. 27 dresses was definately a cute movie. You know it's good when you laugh and you cry and have that ushy gooshy feeling at the end where you just want to laugh and smile and say, "That was a good movie... then you laugh... and say, that was a REALLY good movie"
So what movie are we watching for girls night... I got my shift changed so that we could leave here at 4 on the day that we are going to PEI for a super duper visit. Aren't you so excited.
Anyway, my hubby needs the computer. Love you SOOOO much!
Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

What a nice ending to a nice story, and definitely not ordinary. Sounds like a very nice fellow and honest to boot!

I didn't expect you would wait around for me to be able to go to a show with you.

No ideas yet about ladies night....I suppose we could cook up a scheme or two between the two of us???? You'll have to pm me on facebook.....

TTYL, TT

sugarnuggets said...

your story is almost as good as Caleb's....

Dianna said...

wow...havent you had just one of the most exciting weeks so far!! thats really exciting and totally a God thing. I know that Mr. El is probablly feeling really good about helping you out. when we enter into a situation like that and we have this feeling that we need to help out, then we have to do it otherwise we will regret it our whole lives! Love the story! Dianna