Saturday, February 16, 2008

untitled

Im am glad that it is Saturday. It was a bit of a rough week but I don't think a blog is a good place to share the bad things when everyone can read them. Work was rough for me this week so maybe you guys could pray that a new week will start fresh and good. Thanks.
I had a really lazy day today. Matt went to school early this morning and I went grocery shopping. It was then I realized how tired I really was. I think it was the slowest time ever! I am usually purposefully speed walking down the isles. Today I was slowly walking and looking at everything and deciding. I actually stayed to my list... but... it took awhile. I got home put the groceries away, cleaned a little and vegetated on the couch... hehe.
Tonight Matt and I are going babysitting again. I already have all my Saturdays booked for the month. haha. I like it, we go to someone else's house, play with their kids and then we hang out. A few Saturdays ago Matt and I played operation after we put the little girl to bed. Last week Matt loved where we went because they had playstation 3. haha. He told me that we can babysit there again sometime. haha
Valentine's Day was fun. Thursday is usually our early day because Matt has an eight thirty class. I got up and made him bacon and eggs. He really liked it and I gave him some hagelslaag and a winter hat. When he got the cookies out of the freezer he found the bottle of whiskey that I got for him. Over all he liked it. He got my present that day. He gave me a beautiful little tree. We hope that it gets enough sunlight here. I put it in the direction of the rays. But I am not sure if it should be watered from the bottom or the top. Any advice would be appreciated. He also got me a lamp for my nighttable.... pictures will follow on another day. It was a nice day... GEMS was cancelled because of the storm and so we had time to spend together in the evening too. We watched the apprentice and survivor.
MY other highlight of the week was definately making the valentine's day cards. Matt sat on the couch to study and I sat on the other side of the coffeetable on pillows and made the cards while we listened to music. We talked and laughed here and there and even though we were doing different things we were still able to enjoy each other's company.
Anyway... I think that is enough for today, the last thing I want to do is bore you to tears. Keep Matt in your prayers too... his exam is Monday morning. Love you all and I may not be back for awhile. I am going to a movie monday night and then on wednesday I have a workshop to go to. I think I will be able to get my required training hours this year. And at least they feed me at this one. yay! There is a PB sandwich on the menu for Matt though... poor guy. haha.
Anyway... I was going. Have a super sunday and I love you all a lot. Thanks for reading and even more... thanks for the comments. Especailly thanks for the prayers.
Love Amanda and Matt

5 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Too bad you had a rough week. We continue to pray for you guys. I pray that next week will be better. It sounds like you had some fun this week.
All the best with your exam on Moday Matt. I hope it will go great for you!
What kind of tree is it? Don't overwater would be my first comment.
Love you guys, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

That's a bummer! Funny how a bad day can affect the momentum in the rest of your routine....I know all about that feeling! It's easy to say,"Don't let it get to you!" but that's easier SAID than DONE. I always try to listen to some uplifting music. I either feel better then... or have a good cry...and THEN feel better. Always pray. And so will I.
love ya both, TT

Have a good exam, Matt!

Dad and Sharon said...

Sorry you had a rough week. Hope this one is better for you. We will pray that it is and we will pray that Matt does well on his exam. Sounds like you are getting lots of babysitting, that is great.Good luck on Monday Matt. Love you both.........Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys ... well, Monday is now over and I'm hoping it went really well for both of you. Matt, I'm sure all your hard work has paid off for you, and Amanda, I know this will be a better week. You are so full of life and bring so much excitment with you where ever your are that I'm sure everything will work out fine for you. Things are pretty quiet here. Nanny's birthday party was yesterday and I think everyone really enjoyed their time together. Wish you could have been with us. Karen went back yesterday afternoon. Was good to see her. Everything seems to be going well for her. Look forward to hearing from you again soon... Sharon

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi guys!
Phew -- the exam is over, Matt. Bet you did great.
Cheer up Manda! It's a new week. Sorry your last one was rough.
You're at the movies as I write this. Hope it was good. What did ya see?
Have fun at the workshop on Wednesday.
You'll be home soon. Can't wait to see you. Love, Tante Karen