Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SNOWSTORM.

It isnt really storming too much. It is definately a way bigger deal in PEI with all the wind and such. I like it here the snow just falls and keeps falling leaving an even depth across the landscape and it's really beautiful. The roads to tend to retain the snow quite well and it makes for slow driving... I dont mind as long as I dont get stuck, run in to anyone, or anything.
I had a good day at work to day. It was pretty run of the mill. Matt and I woke up late.
The alarm went off at 6:45 and we dont usually get up until 7:45 even though we aim for 7:30. So I snoozed the clock for 40 minutes figuring that I would have loads of time because I was tired. When I got home last night Fantastic Four was on and I was just going to watch a little of it with Matt... yeah... so that didnt happen. I dropped into bed at 11:00 and I was beat!! So when I woke up I knew I needed a solid snooze. I was nicely sleeping away enjoyin my dreams when suddenly, "Is that the eight o'clock news" drifted into lala land. Whoops... It really shouldnt be my job to be in charge of the alarm clock. Although some days the power is NICE!!! Anyway back to the voice. Then it said. It's eight o'clock we have to leave NOW! double whoops.
So we ot ourselves together in a rush, Matt barely made it to work on time and I was still twenty minutes early for work. So I was happy that i Slept in.
When I picked Matt up I asked if he was late. He told me he wasnt but that he wouldnt have wanted to be any later or he would have had to carry aaround the cement all day. There is some class where they learn about stregths and such ( I really dont know) Anyway, someone that was later than him had to carry around a cup of cement with foam on top with a thermometer in it. then he had to check the temperature every half an hour, so not fun.
anyhoo. That is as exciting as my day was. We went to Harvey's for supper, not my favourite. Tomorrow if Matt has to study I am going to go home cook supper and then come back here. It is cheaper than goiing out and SOOOO much yummier. hehe. Have a super day. Love you all!
Amanda

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Nice to be able to snooze once in a while. I think I did that on Monday. Oops.
It is snowing here now. Mom just got home from Gems, she said the roads were really bad. At least they all made it home safely again.
We are busy grading this week, we are making quite a hole in the bins this way. We should be all done by the end of March, if we keep going like this.
Have a great day, love you guys, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

I know what you mean about the tv being on when you should be going to bed. It never turns itself off does it!
I love the snooze feature too but not the rushing around part. I've gotten much better at getting right up.

I'd go home and cook something too.

Love ya, TT

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey there
I too love my snooze button, but I think my brothers and sisters know that ... :)
Hope your week is going really great, see you when you visit!
Love Tante Tineke.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Been there. Both Marten and I love to set the alarm earlier than needed so we can wake up and say "yeah, 9 or 18 more minutes of sleep." It's a nice feeling.

Harvey's is my least favorite fast food place. I'd rather cook for myself. We had spareribs last night. YUM! Tonight will be rushed because the kids have youth group at 6pm. And exciting... we're going to the Top of the Park tomorrow.
Have a great day, evening, and wakeup session tomorrow.:) Love you, Tante Karen