Monday, February 11, 2008

more snow...

We are surrounding by almost a foot more snow. The view out of our window is a powdery white wall. I have the candles on right now and the lights are dim... not too dim since Matt is laying on the couch beside me reading his text book. The TV or the radio aren't on all you can hear is the clicking of the keys and the hum of the dryer. It is really relaxing and everything is CLEAN... I finally got around to cleaning this place tonight while supper was cooking and finishing everything up after supper.
I had full intentions to do a lot of things last week while Matt was studying. But I didnt really factor in that I would be in town and all the work would be here. So I read a little bit (when I remembered to bring my book) and I peopl
We watched all the people studying. It wasn't too bad but it was tiring. So the point is that it was slowly getting a little messier everyday... especially my clothes pile. I was getting to bed later and later and it was so easy to just throw them on the floor. When I do it once... it's that much easier to just keep doing it!
Thursday at work my boss's best friend gave me tickets for the ECMA concert at the Playhouse that night! I called Matt right away and asked if he would attend this cultural event with me. He thought it sounded like fun, but he had class until 7:30. So I went to GEMS first and I dropped off the cardstock that I had to bring for making cards night. Renata was totally cool with me leaving and said for me to have fun. I really appreciated her!! Matt and I had a great time. It was just nice to spend time together. I mean I was with him while he was studying... but I was more like a pretty piece of furniture. It was real time together. It was good.
Friday and Saturday night we babysat so other people could enjoy the ECMA's so that was a lot of fun too. Saturday I went early with Matt to Crabbe. It was a lot of fun. Steph was there too, so we hung out and enjoyed eachother's company. Sunday Matt and I relaxed at home after church. We had salsa for lunch... hehe and I watched Kate and Leopold on TV. We went to cards sunday night. I didnt get home until 12:15 and Matt went with our friend Pat to the ECMA afterparty because VW owners got in for free and they were also going to get a free T-shirt. On the front the shirt says, "I'm Not Famous" on the back it says, "but I own a VW" hehe. Its a nice shirt especially since it is free.
Anyway... I have some valentine's day cards to make for some very special daycare kids... so have a good night and I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Love yoU!
Amanda and Matt

3 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you enjoyed the ECMA. Hope you liked all the talent. Was Lennie Gallant there?
And you guys hooked up with the right people again to get invited to the ECMA afterparty. Specially when it is free for those select few that own a VW. Hehe.
It sounds like you are going to get more snow tomorrow, just like us. We are getting some nice snowbanks on the road because of the wind.
Anyway, have a great day. Love, DAD

Dad and Sharon said...

Sounds like you guys had a good week-end. Guess owning a VW has some advantages :).We watched Kate and Leopold on Sunday night too. Not a bad movie. How are Matt's midterms going?? We are thinking of him and pray that he will do well.Good luck with your Valintine's day cards. Hope you two have a great Valintines Day.Love you both.....Dad

sugarnuggets said...

Yeah, card making. I've had such fun working out my cards and papers and stamps. My juices are flowing again. What fun to go out and see a show!!

It sounds like your place is clean all the time, but I know that feeling of the first step on the slippery slope. It's why I don't like to cut corners at church when I clean. I'm excited to go and do that tomorrow.

TTYL, TT