Monday, June 1, 2009

A quiet weekend at home...

Well as quiet as my weekends ever are. I was a little mopey on Friday night.. SO, Matt said we could get a pizza from Sobeys and buy a movie. We didnt really find one that we wanted to see, But I so appreciated the thought. On saturday we went to Church. We hosted a love your neighbour carwash and BBQ. It was free to get any of the food and get your car washed. God was very involved in the process too. We had A LOT of food donated and also I think He was in charge of the prewash. It was raining about 5 minutes after we started setting up and It cleared completly right when we started to clean up. BUT we got a dozen people I think. My theory is that we spent more time talking and getting to know the few people who did come than we would have if it didnt rain. I could be completely off the mark, but I do know it was intentional.. I mean look at the start and finish of the times of the rain.
Anyway... Saturday afternoon I had a bath.. I decided I dont like them.. because our bathtub is TOO small... remind me to NEVER do that again. then I layed on the couch read a book and had a little nap. In the evening we went out for supper with Pat and Ashley, went to their house for a movie and ice cream cake.. YUMMY! Matt and I finished off the evening strolling downtown and Matt took some pictures. It was a good night. we are also planning on going to Halifax next weekend after the VW show.. we are getting a hotel and touring Halifax and then on sunday we are going to see Cirque du Soleil. i'm so excited... and the best part? It was all Matt's idea, he planned it, organized it. yay!
Love you!
anyway.. it is getting towards the end of my shift..so i should be going.

2 comments:

rustico3059 said...

Sounds like you had a good time, great job for planning Matt. Have a great week, and a wonderful weekend to look forward to. Love
MOM

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as coincidents. I'm sure God planned that whole carwash/BBQ. How cool! :D
I'm so impressed with Matt. First the Sobey's pizza/movie and now the Halifax trip. What a great guy! Have tons of fun!
Hugs from PEI, Tante Karen