Sunday, December 9, 2007

Its already 5:30 here and I have a little mess beside me that I have to get cleaned up really soon. I was making bags for our yankee swap. I didnt want to spend money on a bag and I leftover wrapping paper since I didnt end up needing any for pakje night. I thought I would become resourceful. I am showing the better of the two. I think it will do the job. haha. Now I have a little mess beside me to clean up too. :) I thought I would put a little update on here for my faithful readers. I couldnt let you down!
I wasnt feeling too good yesterday. I am not too sure what was wrong but I was feeling pretty nauseated
it was about 3;30 before I was feeling any better. So that really sucked because I was planning to get so much done and I really didnt feel like it. I did manage to get the house clean before Matt and I went to town. He went to study with Barret and I went because I had to babysit at 8. Matt came with me babysitting and we rolled bak in the door at 3;20AM. Who's great idea was this babysitting thing anyway??? Anyway, it was all good and I have a lot more energy today than I did yesterday so that is good. Matt is really busy studying again today with Barret. We picked Barret up after Church and they have been here studying since then. They are working very hard... and I feel a little bad for them so I keep feeding them stuff... hehe. I even got a nice action shot of the two and they were so into things that they didnt even notice that I took the picture. The whole table is covered in books, Binders, and papers. It will be nice when they are finally done. Matt has almost a week before we go to PEI to really relax and destress. He is planning to spend a few of those days at Crabbe.
We had a really good church service today. We had the pastor come from Milford CRC, he was really good. His sermon was about how we can only have real Joy through Christ. He was a really great speaker and he was so easy to understand and follow. I hope that the church can find someone like that for our church. That would be just so awesome. A lot of our friends werent at Church or they left right after because they are all in the middle of exams so I guess I am a little left out of the whole loop. But I have still never written an exam. In Holland College they are called tests and I studied with my friends half an hour before and maybe the afternoon before. It was mostly based on in class learning and I was a good listener. hehe. Well I think I will see what I should clean up yet and then I think I will wrap the presents in the bags and have another thing checked off my list. Have a splendid day and I will see all of you in like two weeks.
Love Matt and Amanda

6 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi Amanda and Matt!
I haven't been in touch for awhile. Sounds and looks like you had as much snow as us. It's so pretty. It also sounds like you're keeping busy (as usual). Good luck with exams Matt. And keep having fun at work Amanda. We're looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Wow. That's soon. :)
Love, Tante Karen

sugarnuggets said...

Yes it is such fun to support your spouse while he is studying. That is just one of those things you do, and I'm sure it is sooooo appreciated.

Hope you don't get the flu! Just eat healthy, and wash your hands a lot....good thing you already do that!!
Have a good week, love ya, TT

Dianna said...

wow! glad to hear im not the only one with a list, and trying to get stuff checked off of it before we go to PEI. I cant wait. Let Matt know I'll be praying for him through his studying and exams. I hope you get to feeling better soon, we cant have any sick people at christmas time! XOXOXO Love you lots! Dianna

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Amanda:
Sure sounds as if you two are keeping really busy. It is nice that Matt will some time to relax before you come home for the holidays. Looks like he is studying hard. Nice that he has a buddy to study with. Two heads are always bettr than one. We hope and pray everything goes well with your exams. Will be looking forward to seeing you on Christmas Eve. Love to you both, Nanny

The Nieuwhofs said...

Good to see them cramming together. Hope it pays of for them.
I hope to see you guys both soon. We have some snow here too. Had the snowmobile out Sunday, with Damaris. I took the old blue one. The others are at Dave's.
See you soon, love DAD

sugarnuggets said...

Oh dear, I DO hope you are alright? Amanda?