Monday, December 3, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It started little snowing this afternoon and the kids were so excited. We took them outside but in no time they were all shivering and cold since the snow was wet and the wind was blowing and it was still snowing. Matt drove me to work today since our winter tires are still in PEI. We do have good all season tires though and Matt went slow and steady all the way home. I still have to work tomorrow morning no matter what and It is still supposed to be snowing and the wind is supposed to pick up too. So hopefully we get there and back in one peice.
I was supposed to be at a Training workshop tonight about infant development and how to encourage that development. The course was going to be 15 of the 30 hours that I need to retain my early childhood staff certificate. It was cancelled due to the storm and they are planning to reschedule the whole course for the new year. That was a big relief in a way because I just really wasnt up to the busyness right before Christmas, and obviously they werent either since they were so willing to push all the way to 2008.
Matt and I ended up having a really good night though. He studied while I cooked. I made homeade pizza but I had to wait for the dough to thaw out. I get the bakery dough from the superstore and it is really quite yummy, thanks to Tante Alice I know all about it. I really like my homeade pizza's. matt and I put everything on it... well that we have. green pepper, onion, salami, pepperoni, ham, pinapple, tomato and sauce and cheese. yummy! I was also going make lasagna and I had the sauce made and realized that I had forgotten to buy Lasagna noodles. SO I made spaghetti instead and then I mixed it altogether and topped it with cheese and put it in the oven. It looks really delicious, it is for our lunch tomorrow.
So that is our evening in a nutshell. I really enjoyed my evening and I am so tired that I think I will just plop myself into bed and sleep away all my tiredness. Love you all and have a super night
Love Matt and Amanda

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

That is it, you have to make home made pizza when you are here. I could just taste it.
So nice to have a quiet night at home, eh? There is nothing like it.
Yah, Matt's snow tires are still in the garage. They won't do you any good that way.
Hope you had a good rest.
Love, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

I know just what you mean about the busyness and what a relief it is when something gets rescheduled. I think I have a good handle on the week and when and where I all have to be....the only wrench being if we get a snow storm and I have to shovel the church out.
Hope you had a good sleep!
Love TT

Dad and Sharon said...

We had a pretty good storm here today. Hope you had better weather. It is great that Matt got on with Crabb. Hope that doesn't change your plans for Christmas. We still haven't gotten our snow tires on yet ether but have an appointment for Thursday. Sharon worked out of the Charlottetown office today so didn't have too far to travel, that was good.Hope all is well with work and school.Love you both......Dad

rustico3059 said...

Sounds like a great pizza, and is it not amazing what we learn from each of our relatives. I started shopping today, after you told me you were already done and everything wrapped.So this morning, after dropping Rebecca off at ICS (she was playing the piano accompany for the ICS choir) I ventured into the store with Caleb and Rebecca in tow and was slightly successful with a small part of my list. Better next time.
Have a great evening,
Love MOM