Sunday, December 2, 2007

Our Hiking Adventure

Our day started out really great. We actually got up in time. Last week we overslept and were 5 minutes for church. Thiss week we made it nice and early, I think we were even fifteen minutes early, mostly because we had to do the advent and we wanted a good seat. When we arrived we were strongly ecouraged to leave on our winter jackets because the church was out of furnace oil. whoops, I thought it was pretty funny because everyone was sitting there hunched in their winter coats. Scarves around there necks and if you were lucky, mittens on your hands. Our Advent reading went well and it was all good.

Last night we had a really good biblestudy and the question came up of how we are growing spritually in our church and we really admitted to each other that we never share our own personal failings and really encourage and pray for each other. So today we were going to encourage each other to listen in church and really focus on what the sermon is about and such. So that was really encouraging. So I was sitting in church really trying hard to listen but it is amazing t how easy your mind travels along when you are trying to focus. The minister was talking about the painting of the last supper in Italy, and how the colours are fading and they are spending a lot of money to try and restore it and then I was sitting there thinking about the art gallery that we went to and where they store paintings at the Confederation center. Suddenly I was just like... Where.. did THAT come from. It was kind of funny how distractable I really am.
After church we went to Joas and Lisa VanOord's for a hike and supper. we went to a really nice water fall. We drove to the snowmoblie trail and took that all the way to the waterfall. When we got there we made a nice campfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. The waterfall looked really neat. It was freezing everywhere. Then there is water running over the frozen part. I know that is a horrible description but maybe if you click on the picture you will be able to see the real thing a little better. So that was our day. We had so much fun. It was a little cold but once we got going we warmed right up. The people here are really great. I just love hanging out with them. We can be serious but we can have a lot of fun too. We are about to go to "cards" we really just go and play games. I think it is going to be an early night though because Matt and I are both tuckered out. We had a busy weekend, but we have all our christmas shopping done and the presents are wrapped. I met a new family that I am going to babysit for and things could not be going better if I wanted it too. If God thought of ways to make it better... that I just cant even imagine. I would totally be up for that though. I just wouldnt want Him to think I have had enough if He was planning even more. Anyway. Enough of this rambling. Hope you enjoyed the rare illustrations. Have a super awesome week and I love you all oodles.
Love Matt and Amanda
PS there are a lot more pictures on facebook.

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Wow, what a busy weekend you had. It sounded like a blast. Hiking to this waterfall, wich I was there.
And then no heat in church. It sounded like a cold weekend. I hope you will warm up this coming week.
Love you guys, DAD

Mary and Isaac said...

That was a busy weekend. We had the opposite problem at the church we went to yesterday. They had the heat cranked up a little too high.
Hahaha... I'm glad you found some clothes for your pakjes - the poor guys. I found some coal for gifts... speaking of pakjes. I saw them and thought they were funny and a good joke. hahaha.
Anyway, I just got back home and I promised Isaac this morning that I'd bake him some chocolate chip dessert bars because he has an exam on wednesday. Love you much!
~ M

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Great pictures Amanda. Good job you were all bundled up warm. It looked cold.
God is blessing you richly. And you are so appreciative.
I love you. Happy December, Tante Karen

sugarnuggets said...

THat's so lovely!! Gather any sticks??? That was your tip you know!! Does dogwood grow out there?

We can really identify with your chilly predicament in church. Glad we weren't the only ones!! We are toasty warm again each day and I think I finally have the thermostats figured out! Woohoo!

Hope your week is great, love TT