Saturday, January 19, 2008

Already Saturday?

I looked on my blog site and realized I haven't been here since Tuesday. oops... time went by really quickly this week and I was very glad. Wednesday was a good day. I had to get ready for my GEMS birthday party on Thursday night. I made the cake and while I was doing that I remembered that I had to make 12 birthday cards and I also had to write things for the girls to do in a game that we were going to play. So I had a lot to do yet. I am normally not a procrastinator unless it is something that doesn't really need to be done. So I was very busy that night and then I took all the cards to work the next day and wrote in them there. It worked out good because I had to be in baby room... which is OK. But I would have rather been in the other room with Denise playing operation. hehe. It was way past my turn to be in that room by myself anyway.
The birthday party went well and only 6 girls showed up. It was really quite strange because the week before we sent out cards to remind the girls that GEMS was going to start. So I made 6 cards all for nothing. I think Renata and I are hoping the girls will still come and we can still give it to them. she made little party bags for all of them too. All in all though it was a really fun night. In our lesson we talked about what Jesus did on earth to show his love to all the people. All they knew was that Jesus died on the cross. So I found miracles in the bible that Jesus did while he was on earth and they were so shocked to find out the things that Jesus did on earth. One girl said, "Man, I would love to be Jesus. He had cool powers." I thought... "ok... maybe not the track I was thinking on... but at least she has an idea" I take for granted so much that I have grown up with it and honestly...its normal. I think that is a little sad, but it was so cool to see their reaction to this side of Jesus. So I think Renata and I will focus more on using the bible as a reference and look at what Jesus did as much as we look at what he wants us to do.
Anyway, that brings us to Friday. Thats cleaning day at daycare, we still managed to sneak a game of operation in there though. hehe. I finished most of my cleaning on Thursday so I played with the kids tided up my room and chatted to the other girls while they were cleaning. It was fun. :) Anyways. Then Matt picked me up and we went to Jumbo video and sold them two movies that we had bought that were not good movies at all. Then we got some new ones.. .yipee! One of them was GridIron Gang. Matt put away the groceries and I made pizza for supper and he also washed the dishes. It worked out well and we nicely had a family night. hehe. It feels funny saying that since it should probably be called a "date" night. But it just is family night because it always has been.. and hopefully always will be.
So that brings us to today. I made Matt an eggMcMuffin for breakfast. It was very yummy!!! and then he showed me all the cool rims that he wants to get for the car. He knows he cant get anything else for the car until school is over, but he just loves to look.
Now he is gone to crabbe for the morning and I am going to clean and then he is going to be back in the afternoon and Tyler is going to come by to study with Matt. I hope Jefta comes too. She probably will since we have biblestudy tonight. I am also planning on making 2 kinds of chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins. It should be a good day. But I should get going and I will try to be a little more faithful next week. I love you all and thanks SO much for your comments. Love ya!
Love Amanda and Matt

2 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Mmmmmm...smells good!
What a fun week you had, especially all those games of Operation. Way to work on those small motor skills!!

How neat to be able to relate those stories to your GEMS! Keep building those special relationships and just keep showing them the love of Jesus as it shines out of you naturally.

Love ya, TT

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Yeah, cookies and blueberry muffins really do sound like they would smell good.
YOu sound like you do and amazing job at Jems! Keep it up, those girls will learn so much.
I can't wait till Cassie is old enough to go to Jems, I'll definately be sending her.
Have a great week, thanks for visiting my blog too. :)
We went to EB Games today and put a deposit on a red Nintendo DS, apparently everyone is sold out since christmas.
Take care , love Tante Tineke.