Sunday, January 13, 2008

Its already Sunday!

My how the weekend flew! I coulndt believe that I hadn't written since wednesday. Thursday night I had my GEMS meeting it was quite lengthy... I came out of it having to bake 40 ginormus cookies, they are at least four inches high and three inches wide... I couldnt believe it. I think I am going to make them a little smaller and then try what Mom and I talked about when I was home. I think I make the dough into a long roll and shape it as a heart and then cut the roll with a knife. I really hope that works. Otherwise I will borrow cookie cutters and playdough rollers from work. haha
On friday night Matt and I went and babysat one of the kids from the daycare and her sister. It was fun and the extra money came in handy too. Before Matt came he went to Brian's house and played settlers of catan. He said it was fun too.
I mostly spent saturday doing laundry and cleaning the house and I also baked some cookies. It was really quite boring and in all that I even forgot to call Caleb for his birthday. Whoops. I was glad I had remembered to send him a card. He liked the candy necklace and he told me on the phone today that he was going to send me a letter. I am looking forward to that.. The mail I usually get costs me money in the long run. :( haha
Marcel came last night and we went to biblestudy together and he slept here afterwards. It was a lot of fun. He is staying until tomorrow morning. We invited a bunch of people over after church and played BANG. It was so much fun We also had some really delicious homeade Pizza. yum yum
Tomorrow night I am going to go see the movie JUNO with the girls from church. I think it should be a lot of fun hanging out all together. So that is kinda where things are at.
Dad... I missed your call last night and I tried to call back, but I didnt call you on saturday ( you were trying to return my call?) Anyway. I am home Tuesday and Wednesday night otherwise you can call me during the day between 12 and 1:30. I know you are busy though... I just thought I would put that out there. Love you all lots and look forward to all your comments. Have an awesome day!
Love Amanda

3 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

I like the song on your blog (even though it's past christmas now). before christmas, I always had my comp on mute, so I didn't hear it. At least it makes me feel a little better about still having my christmas garland up. I suppose before I put that together, I should've thought about where I was going to put it after christmas. It'll just have to stay there for another day or two til we find a place for it.
Anyway, Love you!!
~ M

Dianna said...

i cant hear the music!! did you take it off?? we3ll I hope things are going well, and I hope that you dont get overwhelmed with four inch high cookies..if you are going to shape them in a heart and then cut them dont foget to make the dough cold so I wont smush together when you cut it..if you need some recipies or something here is a website that might help you out.. www.cooks.com hope it can help! Love Dianna

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi. I haven't been blogging for so long... did ya miss me? :) Glad to hear that life for you is still full of fun and adventures -- 4 inch high cookies --wow, I've never seen that before. I like the heart idea.
You make me smile, Tante Karen