Saturday, January 5, 2008

Things here are going again in full swing. It is far from normal though. I was planning that Matt and I should get groceries this morning since we have no food, but he informed me that he needed to go to work at Crabbe... now Im really feeling the crunch of having to share a car. So that means a morning of cleaning and hopefully reading my new book. I am really liking my new book from christmas, but the most exciting thing is that I got the second book in the series too. yipee! so that will be my day.
Last night I went skiing with the girls from work. We were pretty excited to go. Of course the kids didnt leave until 5:30.. that is what usually happens when you want them to leave early. One of the girls had never skiied before so we were all really interested to see how that turned out. It actually went really well we only went on the bunny hill three times and then we graduated her to the big hill.. so fun! Then we kinds took turns staying with her and doing runs by ourselves. even matt took a turn. He was awfully handy to have around when trying to teach someone else to ski.
This afternoon Renata is going to come over and we are going to plan the rest of the year of GEMS together, I think that should actuallly be a lot of fun. I was going to make some cookies or something to have as a little snack... but I dont have any groceries. :( oh well. Hopefully she will still like me hehe.
I shoulld get going if I am planning on curling up and reading for awhile. So have a great saturday and I love you all!
Love Amanda and the ski bum

2 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

All this snow just makes you want to cuddle up on the couch and read, doesn't it? What series are you reading Amanda?
Glad you and your 'ski bum' had fun skiing yesterday.
Love, Tante Karen

Dad and Sharon said...

Sounds like things are getting back to normal after the holidays. Good way to diet after all the Christmas sweets, no groceries:). Too bad Matt couldn't find someone to travel with to Crabb so you could have the car. Hard to get the running around done when you actualy have to run. Love you guys.....Dad