Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Over Half Way the Week! Yipee!

Hello Everyone!
So glad to hear form all of you again. It was another smile that you added to my day! Thanks ever so much. Today was a much better day at work. My boss found out that minimum wage is actually $7.25 and has been that since last July. I have been getting paid $7.00 an hour... so guess what!! I am getting a "bonus" check. Whoopee! It's not a lot of money but it should buy groceries for at least two weeks. Plus minimum wage is going up again here in March to $7.75, so that will be nice too.
The weather here has been really mild, it was plus ten here today and combined with the rain we had it is making the snow disappear fast. That is not too exciting for Matt. I dont mind the warmer weather and it means that we can only go out with the kids once since it is so wet, I like that too... it is just a lot easier to be inside at the end of the day and we dont have to get all their outside clothes on or worry about the kids getting too cold.
Matt does not have any free weekdays this semester so saturdays are the official Crabbe days... I think. I may join him a couple of times. He managed to get me a free lift ticket last time, so that makes it a lot more fun if I dont have to pay for anything.
Matt usually has a morning class from 8:30-11:30 and then a lab every afternoon from 2:30-5:30, but he is usually ready to go by the time I get there to pick him up. So I think that he will be spending a little more time in the evenings studying. I think it will work out though. Last semester Matt passed every single course with really awesome marks. I was and still am so proud of him. He did so great!!!!
Other than that, I am planning on spending the rest of the evening curled up reading my book. It is called "The Price of Freedom" by Carol Umberger. it is the second in the series, but you dont have to read one for the second one to make sense.
Oh and Mom, I did remember it was Caleb's birthday. I send his card on Monday. Just tell him to give me a call when he gets it (its ok if he calls during the day).
I may not update tomorrow. I have a GEMS meeting tomorrow night and Matt wants to go shopping and just relax and walk around and not come strait home. I'll take it when I can get it. haha. Dont worry, its not a spending trip. Its called "window shopping" :)
Love you all lots and I hope you are just as glad as I am that this slowpoke week is getting closer to the end. Have a great day!
Love Amanda and Studious Matt

3 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Way to go on your your first term Matt. I am also very proud of you. Keep up the good work. .....Love Dad

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

I know what you mean about a slow poke week, this seems to have been one slow week standing on the grader at Blue Bay Farms, but it sure has been a productive one, man we've shipped lots of loads.
It was so nice to see the two of you at christmas (even thought i only saw you one evening, pakje night!!!) but anyway... :)
you are never far away, and the kids and i would love to come and visit some saturday, not the night or anything, just a day trip to get off PEI. Just something i think about anyway.
have a super week and thank goodness tomorrow is friday, keep up the good work with all that studying matt!!
luv you guys, Love Tineke and kids

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Whoopee! A raise! So nice!
I've been wondering how the skiing season is going with all this rain. I can't believe how much snow is gone.
Sounds like a long, busy day for Matt. Good to get out "Window Shopping". We said that yesterday and Nicolle wanted to know why we needed new windows. Funny how kids think. She's at a sleepover tonight so it's quiet here. Jason's looking forward to playing with Caleb tomorrow at his party. We'll miss seeing you there.
Love, Tante Karen
PS. Another whoopee -- it's the weekend. :)