Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hello all,
I was overwhelmed by the response! Thanks so much for all your comments, you know how much I appreciate it. My saturday has been so relaxing. I got up at eight and washed my bed sheets, did some laundry, cleaned my apartment and got everything straitened out for another week. It wasnt anything too interesting but it kept me busy. I was supposed to go skiing with Matt today but on Thursday as I was moaning and groaning about the ginormas cookies that I had to make for Valentine's Day Renata nicely reminded me that it wasn't a very good serving attitude for Jesus.
Our lesson was all about pride and how as followers of Jesus we need to be humble and have a serving attitude for Jesus in our daily lives. It really kinda hit home when Renata said that to me. It is so easy to preach it in GEMS, but as soon as you feel like you might have a good reason to not have a serving attitude you convince yourself that your pride is justified. Then it just goes on in that silly ol circle. So after Renata and I talked about that she kindly offered to come and make cookies with me. Steph also thought it would be fun. We made chocolate chip pancakes for lunch, ate chocolate chip coookies and made 40 large cookies. Then we all settled down on the couch and watched "A Good Year" It was fun and it made my saturday a lot less lonely.
Tonight I am going to babysit one of the kids from daycare. So that should be a lot of fun and hopefully Matt will make it home for supper. I think I am going to make pork chops, Potatoes and peas and carrots.
Other than that things here are going well. I had a really great week and I was even able to squeeze in some quality cranium time at quiet time at daycare. hhehe.. We are pretty competitive and have a lot of fun.
Anyway. I wont be back till wednesday probably because I have a workshop to go to on Monday and Tuesday night. Love you all and keep those comments coming.
Love Amanda!

5 comments:

Dianna said...

well I will definitely try and call you again so we can have another one of those great silly chats we have! I just talked to Mary finally the other night..she is such a busy girl these days! Well sounds like you had a good saturday. I shoulda called you, but oh well. Im glad you finally got those cookies baked and out of the way. Dont try and volunteer yourself for that again, or get volunteered by somebody else! I love you and hope you have a good week! Love Dianna

Dad and Sharon said...

Hard to picture you moaning and groaning about anything. Glad the real you showed through and turned it into a fun afternoon. Chocolate chip sound so much better then sunflower cookies too. Have a great week, hope all is going well with work and school. Love you both........Love Dad

The Nieuwhofs said...

You, moaning and groaning? A good life lesson learned. Too many times pride gets in our way. We feel that we are justified at being upset at someone else. And ruining our own life in the process. When will we ever learn.
Glad you had a fun Saturday and it sounds like Sunday is fun too. Relax a little and go hard at it again on Monday. Have fun.
Love, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

Have a happy week!!! :):)

I finally got to see my cardmaking ladies again, what fun we had....almost as much fun as making cookies!

Love ya, Tante Tetcy

Mary and Isaac said...

Hope you're having a great week so far Manda. Love you!
~ Mary