Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hello all,

It seems like forever ago since I sat here and let you all know how things are going. Matt and i just arrived back home in fredericton about two hours ago and spent a good amount of time putting things away and finding new home for all the Christmas gifts. My scrapbook baskets are overflowing and just begging to be used, just not tonight.

We had such a nice time at home and it was just so good to see everyone too. I dont really know how to describe everything that we did. We learned a new game, BANG. It was quite a lot of fun and I got a little addicted. Whenever I wanted to play the game everyone laughed and rolled their eyes...but they played anyway.

We did have a nice new years eve. Matt got his hairs cut and then we spent the rest of the day inside and just relaxed. I read a book, the first in a series of three... but I couldnt read the other three that fast so Mom is going to read them before I get back and I get to borrow them after that. We rung in the new year as usual, well I do think it was aminute late. We spent the rest of last year trying to find CBC on the dish. Haha.. a memory to remember. Dad said that he was the last one in bed and that was at 12:08. I know...we really do know how to party.

It was good that we got home when we did. It was snowing when we went to bed last night and it was still snowing when we got up. We can hardly see out of our windows because of all the snow. I wish I had time to shovel it away. I really like looking outside and seeing what is going on, even when there isnt a whole lot going on. So everything here was cancelled, except of course where I work, so Matt got me to work and there was one child... we did have 5 kids by lunch time. So since all the workers made it to work we just had a really nice day hanging out and playing on Alex's new pinball machine and Taylor's Nintendo DS. She got the game are you smarter than a 5th grader. I made it to a millon and I AM smarter than a 5th grader, at tleast in that set of questions. Anyway. I have to go do laundry, clean the apartment and cook supper. love you lots.
Amanda

PS I started writing this when I got home yesterday and finished today after work... just so it make a little more sense

2 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

So glad you are home again...it's so good to get away and then so nice to get home again.

Things are slowing down here and I look forward to next week. I get to paint again. Woohoo!

Love ya, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Happy New Year Amanda and Matt.

It was GREAT to see you over Christmas. Boxing day was great!

Glad you're trip home was safe and now you're back to life as normal. Kinda sad that the holidays are over but life goes on. :)

Love ya lots, Tante Karen