Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SMILE!

Good Tuesday evening!!
I guess some of you would have been at GEMS and Coffeebreak tonight. I hope that it went well I still have an evening of rest before I am there too. We are supposed to have an evening of "bible fun" I think I will ask questions like. What happened to Mary in Luke 2. I think this game will help the girls to explore the Bible a little bit more and hopefully understand what happens in the Bible. So your job is to give me ideas of good places in the Bible to ask questions from. There is a catch. I need them by tomorrow night. Hehe. Well see how it goes.
I went to a course last night and yesterday night. It was for ECE's who work with infants and toddlers. It was quite interesting and the speaker talked about how children need to learn to trust in infancy, if they dont have an opportunity to do this in the begining they may never do it in life... That makes my job VERY important. I AM preventing school shootings... how does that make YOU feel? I know.. I'm a little intimidated too. But helping them to trust just means being someone they can trust, and loving them ooodles and oodles.... I love my job! :)
I am missing one of my babies. She is having some stay at home days with her mommy and I miss her. She is just getting to the age where she doesnt agree with everything and throws little tantrums. hehe.. its too cute! Dont worry I dont give in. I am not interesting in creating problems for myself.
So other than that, things are going good. My apartment is still as clean as it was on saturday. There are no clothes on the floor and everything is still in it's place. well I do have a few lunch dishes in the sink, but they can wait till tomorrow night. :)
Anyway. I lub you all and hope that your week is as super as mine. Talk to you soon. Thanks ever so much for those delightful comments and I look forward to reading the new ones.
Love Amanda and Matt!

5 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Funny how you start to miss your little people! And you are sooo right about those little tantrums...nip it in the bud.
Glad your place was still clean...I did some tidyingup but wondered why I bothered before the lads come!!

Hope your day is great! love ya, TT

Mary and Isaac said...

speaking of tidying up... I should do a bit of that. It's my day off of the week and I usually end up doing the sopke on those days. I'm closing the store on Saturday, but I don't leave here til 1:00pm. It soulds like you do have a lot of responsibility in the trust department, but I'd say you do it well. I hope people appreciate that.
Anyway, I shall clean and take a shower. Much love,
~ Mary

Dianna said...

Funny how you begin making an impact on a child from the moment that they are born. I can definetly understand what you mean with the whole trust issue with kids. Some foster kids that come here have it and some dont and its like a day and night difference taking care of them!Its a great responsibility to have I think. I love giving what I can to them so that once in their lives they will know what its like! I hope you have a great weekend!And we should have a chat this weekend! Love Dianna

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I'm back. We had no power for 4 days but it came back on at 2:45pm today. Yeah! Loads of laundry later, I'm catching up on my loved ones blogs. It's so good to 'listen' to your news. Nicolle turned 11 yesterday and it was fun to have the Nieuwhof coffee get-together. Tonight, she has 3 friends over for a sleepover. Fun!
Loads of love to you, Tante Karen

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey Manda, finally able to catch up on your blogging. Hope your week is going well, and Matt too.
Luv you and miss you.
Tante Tineke.