Thursday, November 22, 2007

GEMS cancelled = First Thursday Blog :)

Hello all,
Unfortunately GEMS was cancelled today due to freezing rain. Really though... I am kind of glad. I am sitting in a comfy office chair at UNB while Matt studies. Barrett is going to be here soon too. We are at the Engineering library at head hall (just in case you were wondering) Today we did a little bit of Christmas shopping. I can honestly say that I am not having as much fun with it this year as I did last year. I think it was because I spent more last year. But this year I really don't have any good ideas. I finished shopping for Mary, but thats it. I never know what to get anyone. So if you know that I have your name ideas need to be forthcoming. .. You will get something you really waaant (said in my sweet "im really trying to convince you" kind of voice)
Other than that things are going really well. I had a good day with the kids today and I was reminded again of how much I love my kids. I was talking with Denise (the girl I work with) and we both agreed that we cant think of a job that you would laugh more than we do. :) I see so many picture perfect moments, but I cant really take pictures because I could never put them on my blog and there is no really good way to give them to the parents. So I think when I retire I am going to take photography... or when I dont have the energy to deal with kids all day. Isnt that a great idea?
Matt and I went to Walmart last night and I really wanted to get a Christmas tree.. but then we looked at it logically... and we arent even going to be home for Christmas... so we decided not to get one. I was a little dissapointed, but at the same time it didnt really make sense and we dont really have "the perfect spot" and honestly... nothing could compare to the way it is decorated at home and I just dont think mine would quite measure up. So maybe next year?
I cant wait to go home for Christmas. The way it is looking right now I will have that whole week of Christmas off. I cant wait to go home and see the tree all decorated and all the candles in the windows and all the garland things over the windows, on the mantle, and up the stairs. I cant wait to have pinapple punch and open presents. I just love Christmas so much and I cant wait for it to come again. So tell me... what are you looking forward to the most? I get to hold my nephew for the first time too... I think that will be so special.
Well ... I think I will go read my book. I havent really shared anything significant and maybe I got you a little excited for Christmas. Have fun decorating and Mom... I will really miss making centerpeices with you this year... maybe you could make one for me. WOW that is a great idea. haha. I love you all and I hope you have a super week. I probably wont write till sunday or monday because we have a farewell to the pastor tomorrow night at the church. Saturday Matts mom is coming for a visit and Saturday night we have biblestudy at our place and then sunday is church and whatever happens after that. Love you all lots!!!
Love Amanda and Matt

6 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you are safely back home again. So you had freezing rain today? We just had rain and drizzle. I guess it is that time of the year.
It sounds like you are glad to be back at work with the kids.
I'm looking forward to Christmas as well, to have all of you home again will be a real blessing.
The sooner the better.
Love you, DAD

rustico3059 said...

You are right, it time to decorate and make centerpieces soon. I think I wll begin with drying the apples and oranges.
Have a great weekend.
Love MOM

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey sounds like you guys are getting more winter then us. Driving was probably tricky with the freezing rain on the hills in Fredricton. Do you have your winter tires on yet or are they still home? Hope you are over your jet leg and you both have a great week-end. Sounds like it will be a bussy week-end. Love you both ....Dad

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey sounds like you guys are getting more winter then us. Driving was probably tricky with the freezing rain on the hills in Fredricton. Do you have your winter tires on yet or are they still home? Hope you are over your jet leg and you both have a great week-end. Sounds like it will be a bussy week-end. Love you both ....Dad

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi! I had a busy day today with my Mom. Jason got off the bus and played with Caleb until 5 so I could stay in town with Mom. I was so grateful for Elisabeth. Nicolle was at a friend's house.
Marten says I'm not allowed to start decorating for Christmas until December, so I'm counting the days. I love getting all the ornaments out and decorating the tree. Your centerpieces sound nice. I'll have to go and investigate. :)
Enjoy your busy weekend. "Talk" to ya on Monday. Love, Tante Karen

Dianna said...

hello..
Yeah I have to agree with you that there is no place like home for the holidays. And that I am really going to miss decorating, drying apples and oranges.But most of all going out to the woods and picking out that perfect tree.. i really miss doing that...I am busy decorating my house full force now that thanksgiving is over! Im so excited! Love you lots Amanda