Saturday, November 10, 2007

We MADE IT! WOHOO!

Just wanted to let all you faithful readers know that we made it here. I think the best part about actually flying was the take-off, what an exhilarating feeking. IT was cloudy and overcast when we left and when you get about clouds... what amazing beauty. The sun was just setting and the clouds weere so white. It just gives you such an amazing feeling. IT brings to mind the words of a song... "the splender of the king, robed in majesty, let all the earth rejoice." It was kinda like that feeling, if you know what I mean.
So I seats were kind of first come first serve. On the way to calgary we were in seat 20e and f. We were righ behind the left wing of the plane. We had a stop in Hamilton but Matt and I did not get off the plane. We didnt want to get anything lost or mixed up. The plane we were on was going strait to Vancouver but we had to get off and wait two hours to catch another flight that was going to Vancouver. We made it though at about 3.00AM our time and I was so tired and so awake at the same time. We still had an hour and a half drive to Abbotsford. But good news... our luggage wasnt lost! Yipee!! When we finally made it to Phils he was giving us the grand tour and then I went to bed at 6:15 our time. So while you are sitting there eating your lunch, I still have the whole day ahead of me. It is 7:30 and I feel like I just got home from superbowl haha.
Its fun to be all together again with everyone, it is a lot of fun, and we just got started.
Other than that things here are going really great.. We are sleeping on an air mattress that stayed inflated all night and I am not even sore, which is a huge bonus. I slept well and I guess it is a good thing to get used to the time here right away. Ill let you know how it goes and I can't post any pictures because I dont have my cord. But I will when we get back to Fredericton. Love you all and cant wait to hear all your comments. Love you All!
Matt and Amanda

6 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

so glad you amde it safely! I agree that the best part of the flight is the take-off. It's nice that your first time flying was with beatiful skies like that. It doesn't always happen like that, but it's nice for your first experience so that you don't hate flying forever after that.
I hope you guys have a good time in B.C. and I'm sure Phil & Karina's wedding will be beautiful and very fun.
Love you!
~ M

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you made it safely. It is quite a feeling to soar above the clouds, eh? And that no luggage was lost is certainly a blessing too.
Hope you have a great time there. Wish Karina and Phill all the best with their upcoming marriage.
TTYL, love, DAD

rustico3059 said...

Have a great time on your vacation. Make sure you write down the make and model of that air mattress, because I need to get a few for when everyone is coming over for Christmas. I don't want all of you have interupted sleeps because someone has to man the airpump through the nights.
Have a great time, and enjoy.
Love MOM

Dad and Sharon said...

Glad to hear all went well with your flight and you made it safe and sound. Flying really is a great feeling. Getting used to the time change can be hard sometime, glad you seem to be doing good with it. Have a great vacation, say hi to Phil for us and wish them well with there wedding. Love Dad

sugarnuggets said...

have a fun holiday and I hope you get some time to put your feet up and relax!!

love ya, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Praise God for safe trips and no luggage lost. :O) Yippee. Rest up and enjoy your time with your friends. What fun!
Lotsa love to both, Tante Karen