Monday, November 5, 2007

Under the Sheet!

Alright. Picture #1
The present looked a lot bigger on the shelf that Matt made but I was still happy to open it. We had just gotten back from PEI. We had no power and it seemed like it had been out for a long time since all the stuff inour freezer was dethawed and the stuff in the fridge was semi warm. I was looking forward to curling up on the couch watching TV and eating salsa. All my cozy plans were dashed in one flick of the switch. So that brings us back to the present under the sheet..now that you have the background. haha. What do you think it turned out to be?

Alright here is the picture of the box! I thought it was an exercise bike when it was up on the shelf. But I knew that it was a little too small to fit that picture so I opened it and it was a lamp for our living room. You have no idea how much I wanted one of these. It can be so bright with the big light on and so dark with the light off... so I was pretty syked for a lamp. but... there was no power. Matt put it all together but I didnt actually get to see it in action until three thirty this morning. haha. I love it.
This is my lamp in action this evening. I love the ambience it creates in my space! It was such a great present and I never would have thought of it. So today was great. We went to bead early last night because we didnt have the energy to play a game or do the things we usually do when the power is out. We talked about fun things under layers of blankets. It was fun. So with all that sleep I woke up earlier a lot happier and got ready for the day. It was a really great day. when I got home I had to cook all the stuff int he freezer otherwise it would have had to go in the garbage. So I coooked sausages, 7 pork chops, a whole chicken and some potatoes to go with it. So all our food is gone... the only thing left in the freezer is a melted Ice Cream cake and gross looking melted/frozen ice cream that Matt insisted we keep... I think I will stay away. I have to check out the fridge yet and see what went bad. It is a little easier to tell when fresh food goes bad. haha. All in all though I had a memorable birthday. haha.
So I guess that is it for today. I hope that you fared better in the the storm than we did. But o well. We will just have to do some major grocery shopping when we get home from BC I think it will work out alright. Tomorrow night I am going to babysit one of my daycare kids. So that should be fun too.
I am going to go to bed now. I will talk to all of you later and I am sorry you had to wait so long to hear from me... but I just couldnt help it. I love you all.
Love Amanda and Matt

3 comments:

rustico3059 said...

Glad you are back to your life, lots of cooked food, extra income and travel plans, as well as good light to read with.
Have a great day,
Love MOM

Sharon said...

Hi Guys. It was great to see you on the weekend. We have been checking the blog regularly to see how your traveling went. Love your lamp Amanda. Sorry to hear you lost your frozen goods, but you will definitely be eating well until you leave. "Defrosted" ice cream cake is good ... your Dad and I both had some of the cake that was left over from the Friday night (that I left in the fridge over night instead of the freezer). I put it back in the freezer for a bit and it was great!! Anyway, hope you enjoy your evening this evening.
Love Sharon & Dad

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Way to go Matt! A nice present and a nice surprise for Amanda. How fun!
We got our power back on at 3ish in the afternoon. Not so bad. It was great to spead the morning with you. Made the morning go fast. Then we played monopoly with the kids to pass the afternoon. Great day. Glad we could share in your birthday.
Call me slow, but I didn't know you were going to BC. Any particular reason? How exciting. When do you leave? For how long? etc. Did you mention this trip to me before? You know, I'm old and senile now. :P
Bye for now, love, Tante Karen