Sunday, November 18, 2007

So this is one of my lovely purchases from IKEA. (the duvet cover) Doesn't it just look so beautiful? It certainly added character to my room, I think i am in love with it. Just in case you wanted to know, Tante Jetty also has the same one in her house across the road. She bought it at the same time as me :)
We had such a wonderful trip and I think that I love to fly, but I dont love jetlag. There was just something about Westjet that we really loved, they say it is like being part of a family, we didnt really get it until we saw this: Isnt that just priceless! Matt loved it! We went to Vancouver on saturday, and I didnt have my camera but I used my cell phone so that you could see a little tiny bit of what we saw. we parked our car on one end of Vancouver and took the sky train to the other side. It was a great way too see the cityscape. The sky train isnt driven by anyone it just goes and automatically stops at all the stations through Vancouver. It was a fun way to see the city.
I dont have any pictures of Phil and Karina's wedding. I was at Karina's parents house before the wedding and their camera card wasnt working in their camera and we both had the same card so we switched and it worked. Now Karina's dad is going to put the pictures I took on a CD and send me my card back. So I am looking forward to sharing those pictures with you on another day.
Our flight home was a lot easier because it was during the day and when we were in the airport stuff was actually open. And we were so happy to be home in our own warm place. Phil has to pay for his own heat so he doesnt see the point in having the place nice and warm hehe. So I am nice and warm here watching TV, Matt and I had some salsa and I am feeling good. :) We got home at like 1:00 last night but it was a lot earlier in BC so we handled that pretty well. It wasnt so good this morning though. I still felt like it was the middle of the night at 9:00. I made myself get up though cause I didnt want it to be even worse tomorrow. We made it through church without falling asleep but we nicely came home and had such a nice afternoon together. So that was my day. Hope yours was great too! love you all oodles! Sweet Dreams!
Love Matt and Amanda

6 comments:

rustico3059 said...

Glad you made it back home, it is always amazing how quick a vacation is over. Lots of strength for both of you, as you start normal life again.
Love MOM

Karen Nieuwhof said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! Bet it was hard to get up for work this morning. :)
I loved seeing your pictures. I especially love your bedspread. Very pretty. Good choice.
Lotsa love, Tante Karen

Dad and Sharon said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Time seems to go so fast when you are on vacation. It will probably take a couple of days to get back on our time and over your jetleg. Guess it will be westjet from now on when you fly. They must have know you were V.W. drivers. Love you both....Sharon says hi too..........Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Good to have you safely back home. Sounds as if you had a very busy vacation. Might be a bit hard to get back to your normal routine again. Grampy says hi, and we both send our love, Nanny

Dianna said...

I love all of the pictures! Im gald you guys made it home safe and hope you had a great time!
Love Dianna

The Nieuwhofs said...

Home Sweet Home....Right?
It is always good to come home after you were away. Love the pictures, hope to be able to go there some time. But I can't see that happening in the near future.
By now you will be back to some sort of a routine. Hope you saved up lots of precious memories.
Love, DAD