Sunday, November 25, 2007

SMILE!

What a busy weekend! We went to the Pastor's farewell on Friday night, it was so neat to see how much impact the Pastor had on all the people and how the people in the church can really pull together to make a fun night. Every family in the church made a page for a scrapbook and it was beautiful. That would be an amazing tangible memory to have as a pastor. There was no place for us to sit when we got there and we almost just sat with people we didnt know but then the young adults made room at their table for us. That was really nice and I was so glad that they did too. We went to the Superstore after that because they had no tax from 9-12 so we got all the stuff that we normally pay tax on and got some Christmas presents while we were at it. I didnt really get Micaiah any toys but I dont think he will care to much. Anyway... by the time we got home it was late and I went strait to bed.
On Saturday morning I got up really early and started cleaning. Our place was very tidy, but since I didnt clean the apartment while I was in BC the dust and the dirt everywhere just collected. It was so nice to have everything REALLy clean. While I was cleaning Matt made Taco Dip for when we had Biblestudy here. After we had everything made and cleaned up we went to UNB for a clothing sale. A lot of things were half price and Matt got a really nice pair of Jeans that were long overdue. He was down to one pair of pants that didnt have a hole in them. Then we went to the Mall and there was a big sale at the Garage. I got a sweater and a t-shirt for $15 dollars and some Christmas presents too! So I have a good chunk of my Christmas shopping was done this weekend. Matts Mom came for a nice visit for a bit in the afternoon. and then at 7:30 everyone showed up for Biblestudy. We had such a great time and a really great study. I love this group that we study with. We really get in depth about what God expects from us as Christians in this world. Its neat.
This morning we went to church. Afterward we went to Opa and Oma Versloots for lunch again and we had a great time talking an laighing together and then Matt and I came home at 4 and just relaxed. We are going to go play cards in half an hour or so, so that should be a lot of fun too. Tomorrow is monday and then we can relax again. haha. I love the way my life works. Oh and guess what.... Matt and I are going to be in PEI from Dec. 21-Dec.30 Arent you SO excited?!!?
Love you all and have a super week!
Love Matt and Amanda

2 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

What a busy weekend. Glad you got some good deals yet. And the places you have to go for a sale, eh?
It was nice talking to you this evening. Wish you both all the best for this weekend.
Love, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Sounds like you're a great bargain shopper. I love to get sales.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. You'll have to come for a visit and see my scrapbooks. You're welcome anytime.
I understand that Pakie (spelling?) night is at your house. Something about space for the teenagers and kids and computers. And it might be on Boxing Day because Dianna and Jordan can't get here beforehand. I'm trying to be accepting of that. My Mom and sister will be at my house and I hate to leave them but... it's just one year right? And I can't wait to see everybody. It'll be soooo nice to have the WHOLE family together.
Have a great one! Love, Tante Karen