Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Long Weekend...

I unfortunately do not take after my father in the picture taking catergory. I forgot my camera when we took our big excursion to Vancouver on Saturday. We parked our car in Surrey (just so you can at least look on a map Dad) and took the sky train right into Vancouver. IT was such a neat thing, There were all these little stations everywhere to get off and on and no one drives it. It is all electric. We purchased a day pass for $8 each and then we could ride the seabus, skytrain and the bus in Vancouver. We met up with Karina's Parents, Willem, Angela, Peter, Ella and Karina's other sister Sherri. We are just kind of Phil's tag a longs so we go to everything. haha. Albert, Karina's dad paid for all of us to go see "Sea Creatures" in the IMAX theatre. It was so nice of him to include us in the family things. After that Marcel, Phil, Karina, Matt and I went out for dinner/supper at a pub and we went SHOPPING. Rebecca would totally go nuts in this place. Their mall was like a whole street and everything is so big. It is so crazy. Karina and I had a lot of fun just looking at everything. The only thing I actually got was a pair of shoes at the ALDO outlet. So that was fun. I was getting so tired though. Jet Lag is a horrible thing. I just feel really tired all the time. I dont think that I am meant to be a big traveller. haha. We had a nice relaxing evening after that. I think I feel asleep on the couch. :)
Church was good too. Colleen and Grace were there for the believe in it girls tour. I guess it finally made it to BC. haha. So that was fun, we also saw Pastor Bart this church. So that was also interesting.
We went to Karina's Parents house after church for some soup. that was fun too. After that we went hiking up some mountain with a waterfall. It was a lot of fun. We went with Steph and Jordan... Phil and Karina's friends here. They are really nice and we had such a nice time with them. We went to their house after the hike so the boys could play some play station 3. They had a lot of fun. We came back to phils house then and put the stove and fridge back into place so that we could cook some egg mcmuffins for supper. They turned out to be very delicious. So that was a good thing. The rest of the night we just vegetated.. .and I fell asleep. hehe.
And now it is Monday afternoon. Phils parents came for coffee today and now they are gone visiting and PHil and Matt are cleaning the garage. We have a list of things that we are trying to get some things done before the wedding. Marcel is sitting here arranging a bachelor party for Phil and I am cleaning and blog writing. I loved all your comments and we will have to see if I can get the model number for the air mattress. It is really comfortable. I am not even waking up sore and the only thing keeping me from my beauty sleep is the time change stuff. bla! But all and all we are having a really great time here. I should have brought my winter jacket.. .but I am using Karina's so it is all good. anyway. I am going to head out. love you all
Amanda

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

What a wonderfull time you are having. You must be glad that you took the time. How is the scenery?
By the time you are over your jetlag, you'll be home again. Have a great week, love you guys, DAD

rustico3059 said...

Sounds like you are very busy and taking as much advantage of being there. Make sure you don't overdo it, and get enough sleep.
Have a great time.
Love MOM

Dad and Sharon said...

Sounds like you are having a great time and also getting to make some new friends, that is great. Hard to do very thing in such a short time. Enjoy yourselves, but your Mom is right.....don't overdo it. Love you both.........Dad

Dianna said...

sounds like you are haivng a complete full on blast!! I was in Vancouver once, but only for a stop over from Seattle when I was coming home from Kodiak. hey if you see a Vancouver or BC whatever patch, would you get me one?? :/
I love you and hope you are having lots of fun! You should buy a disposable camera, so that you can at least have something for the memory! well I gotta run, I have some more blogs to read, yours was great. Cant wait to see you!! Love Dianna!! :)XOXO