Thursday, November 29, 2007

Im Back

I know I didnt write yesterday...but I was busy wrapping presents. Matt and I went shopping and we got all our Christmas presents! Then I was left with getting Matt a present. But we decided that we are getting enough that the things we get for each other will just kind of be put in a pile and since diesel is 1.23 a litre we can get that for each other. It is crazy how much it has gone up in the last couple of months. We're really hoping that it doesnt go up too much more.
GEMS went really well tonight. Our lesson was about friends and how Jesus wants to be our friend, but how willin are we to take time to be his friend and really spend time with Him. One of the girls was having problems with her friends at school making fun of her. So that was kind of hard to deal with in the sense that I didnt really know what to do. The head counselor ended up talking to her later on that night so that was all good.
Sunday is our first week of advent and we are lighting the candle of hope. Someone from our Biblestudy was asked to share a personal experience of hope. So I thought Matt and I would have a good one. This is what I have written so far:
"When Matt and I were getting ready to move to Fredericton we really hoped and prayed that God would lead us to a church where we would feel at home. God gave us more than we ever hoped for. He exceeded our expectations and gave us a place where we feel at home and part of it. From the moment we walked in the door we were welcome."
So what do you think? Do you have another word for "part of it"
Other than that things here are really great. We are both doing really well and I hope that you had a really great day! Have you all decorated for christmas yet? I know it is still early. But I would love to hear about it. Love you all muchly
Love Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

How about "included"...

No decorations up at home but I get to decorate vicariously at church....
I don't seem to be in a rush, there is no urgency yet...Next week I will go gather some lovely dried things from nature and make some outdoor arrangements at home. There is lovely wild grapevine growing somewhere, as well as, dogwood(red), teasels, some sticks with draping pods, and branches with rosehips(from wild roses)... Dried grasses are lovely too.
That's what's in my brain....I guess that could be tip #1 for Christmas decorating...especially when you don't have a tree...find a little pot and stick some wild things in there....add a candle on a stick and voila...Christmas indoors.

The Nieuwhofs said...

No, we didn't decorate for Christmas yet. And, no, we didn't finish Christmas shopping yet. It's not busy enough in town yet, haha. We were actually in town tonight, to pick up some supplies for tomorrow. It was busy alright.
Must be the season.
I'm glad that you are feeling at home in the church there. It instantly gives you family and friends in a new place.
Part of it....hmmm. Maybe part of this church? or something.
Anyway, we finished plowing today. Hauled some selects to Randy and William's. Then went to town with mom. Shopping and Boston Pizza. Hmmmmmmmm... that was good.
love you guys, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Well done! You got your shopping done early. That is always my ambition but I also have to shop for birthdays and I do the shopping for my Mom. Sure takes time.
I'm answering this on Dec. 1st -- you know what that means? Yup, I spent the day putting up my Christmas decorations. It was a great day for it. It's storming outside (LOTS of snow) and it just seemed fitting to think of Christmas.
All smiles, Tante Karen