Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ahhh a relaxing saturday morning!

I sitting here on my couch in my comfy pants. I think they are made from elastic and I think three people could actually fit in these... well in the legs anyway. Im wearing one of Matt's sweaters... they are always warmer and comfier than mine too. I have quite a big day planned. I already have a chicken for our lunch in the oven, I have to make lasagna for church tomorrow (it is for a Dairy Dinner, I have to help serve to food on Tuesday. I was supposed to drop it off on monday night at the church... but that was a little too far away just to bring a lasagna. I was supposed to make a dessert too, but somehow my name dissapeared off the list. ) I am also planning on making some cookies and cleaning my messy house. It is not a disaster but it needs to be cleaned! Then I have to find something to wrap Matt's presents with, usually I have oodles of newspaper... but our lack of newspaper makes that impossible. I am toying with the idea of asking my landlords... we'll see how it goes.
I really hope Matt wants to do something tonight. I really want to spend time with people and do something fun!!!! So I think I will call Jefta, Tyler is here, but so is her little sister... so she may not be up for anything.
Matt is gone right now to study with his buddy Barret. He has an enviro Exam on wednesday. So hopefully he does well, he had an exam yesterday and his verdict was that it was either really easy or he got everything wrong... I hoping that it was easy :) but he seemed to feel pretty good about it and it was supposed to be really hard. Its all good.
GEMS went really well on Thursday. It is always such a short time that we have with those girls and I always wish we had more time. I never know if my lesson gets to the girls, but it is getting to the point where they are starting to respect me and listen to the lesson and know that I am serious about it.
Also my boss finally had her baby too.. his name is Sam, but I already knew all that before he was born... haha.
The rest of the week at work just got better everyday and I am so glad of that. I am back to loving my job and not wanting to quit!
Other than that there isnt a lot of news to share. I have a lot of work to do and unfortunately it isnt getting done while I sit here. I hope you al have a fantastic weekend and Ill chat with you again soon!
Love Amanda
PS... my chicken is starting to smell great! I just love that smell!

5 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey... Chicken sounds good. I am sure what ever you wrap Matt's presents in he will like. Tell him he will have to wait untill you guys come home to get our present but we wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY(on Monday). Hope you both have a great week-end.Good luck with your test Matt.Love you both......Dad

Sharon said...

Hey, how are things going? We are having kind of a "lay back" Saturday morning too. I haven't got your e-mail at all. I'm starting to wonder if I am getting my e-mails because I have been expecting a couple others as well. Anyway, I do have your healthcard and I can send it over Monday to you. It is a really rainy dark day here. Think I will probably get some cleaning done before too long and then just see what happens ... anyway, hope your day goes really well. Will probably e-mail this evening ...Sharon

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Mmmmm... I can smell your apartment. Chicken and cookies and lasagna! Yum!
Is Matt's birthday on Monday? I thought it was Wednesday? Same as your Mom's. Either way -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! How old are you?
Good luck on your test Wednesday. Hope it's as easy as the last one. :)
Thanks for your comment on the 'tuna' blog. I'm still laughing.
We're working on the playfort today. We have the 'mountain climbing' done. We're going to move the slide next. Better get going.
Love ya, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

So, did you get all your work done today? I had a pretty good day, got a lot of fall things done.
Winterized the greenhouse, did some wiring, etc.
How was the chicken?
Glad to hear that the rest of your week went fine.
I bet you just can't wait to get home to see what you guys are going to get for your birthdays.
But you'll just have to wait.
love , DAD

sugarnuggets said...

I think you must facebook me your address so I can send the card I'm going to make!!!!

What a culinary whirlwind you are today! The largest part I played in getting supper ready was taking it out of the freezer!! I wasn't even home when they cooked it...but hey, I didn't have to do the dishes part either!

Hope you have a fun day. ANd one of the most important parts of GEMS is that you are yourself. Your lessons are the tools you use to teach. Your love for these girls is so evident from your writings and you mirror the love that God has for you in how you love the girls. That is the most important part, because you are His hands here on earth. So just be you, continue to be willing and He'll give you the words He needs them to hear...

Love ya, TT