Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Monday!

Today has been just such a great day! I think Matt had a good birthday. We saved presents for after supper because we didnt want to be too rushed in the morning before I went to work. I had a good day at work today. It was such a slow day, not in the sense that it was dragging, but we were so efficient we had so much time to just sit around and chat. It was wierd but so nice and relaxing. It was fun!
After work I was sneaky and I went and got a DQ Ice Cream cake for Matt cause they are his favourite. I hid it right by the vent and put the air conditioning on. I left the parking lot but I was too close to the intersection and I couldnt get past the two lanes to get in the turning lane..so I went strait... on the highway. ooops. So I kept driving and took the first exit and safely got myself turned around. I was late picking matt up but he didnt really seem to notice. Then I snuck it into the freezer and he didnt even notice. Then I cooked some chicken alfredo. When I opened the jar it smelled like baby food... yuck. I was a little worried that Matt's specialy supper would not taste good at all. But the end result was definately tasty. haha
He liked his presents too.. I got him a snowscraper for the car, some body wash, chocolate and a previously viewed movie from blockbuster. I wasnt allowed to spend a lot since we already got speakers for both of our birthday. So it was all good and just a few things to make it special, because it doesnt really FEEL like your birthday if you dont have presents to open. He especially liked the cake. It was all good!
I just finished making some cookies. We are watching TV right now and just relaxing. So I hope that you all have a great evening. I wont be posting tomorrow because Matt is studying until after 10 tomorrow night. But I should be back on wednesday. I still look forward to your comments. Love you!
Love
Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

Glad you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!

What fun to celebrate with special little sneaky presents!

I think Ray gave himself a canoe for Christmas, that's too big to be sneaky, besides that....I encouraged him to get it. If you ask for his version of the story, he'll say he had to ask me for permission. Can't wait to see what he's getting me (I'd really like a new kitchen!!!!)

Woohoo!

See you wednesday!! Love you, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad you had a great birthday. Pretty sneaky to get a cake past Matt. Hopefully you will get lots of use out of your snow scraper. That will mean lots of snow for skiing. Wouldn't that be just great?
Love, DAD

Karen Nieuwhof said...

So happy that you had a good birthday. I thought Amanda was going to report that the icecream cake melted in the car. Phew! Glad it didn't :-)
Marten wants to know "what movie did you get?" He's just finished all the potatoes and he's at the movie cabinet deciding what to watch. So this must be short. I'll go join him. I'll look forward to your report tomorrow. Love to both, Tante Karen