Sunday, October 21, 2007

I can type until tyler and jefta get here to pick us up for cards. We go to Rob and Erica Browns every sunday night after church time and play games. It is usually a lot of fun. I had such a great weekend I got everything I wanted to get done yesterday minus a few cookies.. o well. Everything turned out well and it was so nice to have my place clean again. I also chatted with Dianna on the phone while I was cleaning. It helped my stick to my cleaning, but I did lose my pledge like three times. How frusterating that was! Matt and I had lunch at 2 because that is when he came home from studying. so by the time everything was done it was 3. Then we lounged and watched "what not to wear" and "say yes to the dress" TLC specials. Then I got ready for a small evening of Christmas shopping. I already have a little dent in things and it is going well. I enjoy shopping for people I love. But I am really trying not to go overboard this year, but still find fun things to give my family. :D So don't expect last years bounty. :) haha
We finished off the evening with a movie and salsa. it was very nice to just relax.
Today we went to church and Tyler, Jefta and Rhoda came over after for some cake. I put candles on it and we sang happy birthday to Matt. I am planning on sneaking to Dairy Queen to get him a little ice cream one after work tomorrow. It should be fun.
Later on I called home and had such a nice chat with Mom and Dad on the phone. It was great to catch up and hear first hand how things are going and share how things are going here... although most of it is on the blog. Good news... I am going to go to pilates with Jefta if everything works out. So I am looking forward to that and I think that it would be really good for my knees. So that is my weekend in a nutshell and I should go get ready so that I am set when Tyler and Jefta are here. I love you all and I hope that you have a really super week. I love you all so much and... 14 days till my birthday AND 12 Days till I come home. hehe
Love
Amanda and Matt

3 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Omke Marten, Tante Karen,
Nicolle and Jason

Mary and Isaac said...

Happy belated birthday Matt! We hope your day was a great one :).
We intended to call yesterday,but something came up.
I have to add some hours to my calling card before I'm allowed to call Manda. Anyway, Hopefully we'll get to talk to you soon.
Love,
Mary and Isaac

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to have your favorite cake for your birthday Matt.
Sounds as though you had a great supper too, and cookies to snack on in the evening. I think Amanda is spoiling you! But hey! I guess you deserve it. Hopefully you might be able to drop in whn you are home for Amanda's birthday.
Love to you both, Nanny