Friday, October 12, 2007

Sorry I didnt write last night. I know you were all so dissapointed when there was nothing for you to read. I was so tired when I came home from GEMS last night. GEMS went well and I think the girls enjoyed themselves. I wrote out each word of our theme verse on separate peices of cardstock. I used two colours and taped all the different words underneath the pews and the girls had to race to find the words in the right order, they really liked that game and I think that it worked out well. I hope it helps them learn the verse really well. We'll see what happens.
All in all I am really glad it is friday, it might have been a short week but it still feels like a long one and I am really tired. So I am ready to relax. It was a bit of a dark and dreary day today and it poured here. We stayed inside at the daycare so that made it a lazy day, it was fun, I even made up a song with the kids. They really like to sing with me. I enjoy that a lot.
Matt ended up having to study tonight, so that was good. I really like his study buddy. He was homeschooled as well and it turns out that we both went to Barry Stebbings art class. haha. He is a really good guy and is also a Christian... but not just that... it is so hard to describe what kind of guy he is, but he is really smart and he is always thinking about everything and making sure that his opinions are based on something and not just a whim or a feeling. I really like that about him. Matt says that he really likes studying with him too so that just works out dandy.
Other than that we dont have much planned for the weekend. ..I am so happy about that. I can get my house cleaned and a few errands done and Pete, Klaas and Feije are coming for a visit tomorrow until Sunday. That should be fun.
Well thats it for today. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great weekend.
Love Amanda and Matt

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Finaly, I'm first. "Dat mei ek wol in de krante"
Hope you guys will have a good weekend with Pete, Klaas and Feije. I hope Pete feels a bit better tomorrow. He went to bed early, so that will hopefully help.
Nice talking to you this evening. Sorry for the rude cut off.
Love you, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

Oh Randall...you're so funny!

Hope you have a fun weekend with the guys!!! Your GEMS night sounds like such fun, you're so creative!
Talk to you soon, TT

Hope your studies keep going well, Matt!

Dianna said...

Funny I just wrote that same quote in Dads blog, haha. its all in the family! :) I hope you have a nice weekend with the boys there. Sounds like its quite handy having you guys living in Fredriction! Someday soon I am going to come and see your cute little apartment! I love you lots and enjoyed our conversations this week! Much Love Dianna

Mary and Isaac said...

Hey Manda,it's been a couple of days since I last checked up on people's blogs. As a result, I had 3 posts to read. Wow!
Isaac has been studying alot the past few days, so he's been using the computer. Sounds like you had a great weekend.
I hope that your Monday was as enjoyablle.
Love you!
~ Mary