Sunday, October 14, 2007

Beautiful Weekend

I finally put a headline on again. It is always so annoying to think of one and I think that the date is kinda neat too. But those words seem to put things into perspective nicely.
It was a nice day yesterday, Matt and I went into town yesterday he got some building supplies to build a little shelf before you go into the door. It is a great place to keep things that we use often, like Matt's ski bag, the air mattress, car cleaning things and tools. Things that we dont have to keep in the apartment. Yipee! Matt did a really great job making it too. The first picture is of Matt's tools while he is getting ready. He has the nice furry green pencil, it is really mine but somehow it keeps ending up in his tool box. it is kinda funny. Anyway. The next picture is the bottom view of the shelf. and the other picture is of the finished product.
We had a nice visit with Pete and the boys. First they came here for some spaghetti then they went shopping and I proceeded to clean my place and have a little nap. Then I got ready for biblestudy. It was a good night of learning and fellowship. When we got home we had some chips and ice cream with the boys and nicely watched the wedding date. It was good.
They left right after church today and we headed to Gerry Blom's house for lunch. It was quite delicious. He also gave Matt a free box of hagelslaag.. Matt felt pretty special. Other than that we are watching a movie on TV and are planning on staying home tonight and have a relaxing evening. It was a long week and I am still trying to get on top of it. It doesnt help that it is so dark in the morning. I am past ready for the time change!
Anyway... before I bore you too much I am going to head out. It was nice to chat with you again and I will probably write again tomorrow night. Dont forget to comment. You are all lagging behind... I still love you though
All the Best
Amanda and Matt

6 comments:

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey nice work on the shelf matt!
Have a great week you guys, and we'll try to do the same. Miss you guys around here. Love Tante Tineke

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I'm back. I haven't been on the computer for 3 days. Did ya miss me? :)
I heard that Pete and friends were going to visit you. Glad you had a good time.
Also glad you had a good meal at Gerry Blom's house. How was the conversation? :P
Nice job on the shelf Matt. You seem to be as handy as Marten. That's a real plus for us girls, you know. I'm sure Amanda REALLY appreciates you.
Hope this week doesn't seem as long as last week for you. My kids only have 3 days of school so the week will be short but the weekend long. .... maybe Nana wants to have the kids for a sleepover?! :)
It was good to catch up on your news. I'll look for tonight's post.
Lotsa love, Tante Karen

sugarnuggets said...

Sounds like a fun time with all those tools and construction going on....and all that testosterone in one little apartment with all those lads!

Hope you survived the weekend and are ready for a regular week again. My short week seemed really looooooong too.

TTYL, TT

sugarnuggets said...

Matt...that is not a very masculine pencil. I think you need to do something about that! Guy pencils for toolboxes are red and flat. Not green and fluffy.

I hope Pete and the boys did not see that, or they might not let you live it down...

Your concerned Tante Tetcy

Sharon said...

Nice shelf Matt, looking good. We had a good weekend here. Got a new vaccuum cleaner Saturday. It got good use today. I didn't have work, so it was time to give the house a bit of a cleaning. We had Netta's (my aunts) birthday yesterday down east and that was alot of fun. It is her 85th. We had a pretty quiet weekend all in all. It was really nice. That's about it from here. Hope you have a great week.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Grampie was really impressed withyour work on the shelf Matt. He's hoping that you got some of your carpentry ability from him.
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Hope all is going well with you both, Love, Nanny