Saturday, October 27, 2007

Super Saturday!

Alright Dad, I changed the time.. I hope it worked. Things here are going well, I was going to update last night but it wouldnt allow me to sign in and Matt thought it was a sign since we were watching the movie I got him for his birthday and it is much nicer when all my attention is on that and im not clicking away. haha. We had a nice night. Before we came home we got some Pizza Hut pizza for family night. That is what we now call friday nights, that is the day we have an easy supper and sit in front of the TV. It definately brought home memories for me having the pizza in my lap driving home to watch a movie. Matt was even there for some of our family nights and he had the same feeling haha. The Good Shephard was a good movie, I dont think I quite got it all so I might have to watch it all again. That is alright though since we dont have a lot of movies we will have to watch one again, it was really long though... I think it is just because the guy always has to think so long :)
So that brings us to this morning. I woke up to my alarm, it is set for the Christian radio station here. I just love waking up to it, it makes me feel so happy in the morning. So today it started with some really god songs so I didnt hit snooze and then a kids show came on for a half an hour. It was called paws and tails. Today they were acting out the story of Esther. So FUN! I really enjoyed it and I think I will listen for it again next saturday. I got up had a shower and now I am here! I have a lot of things to get done today.
1..I have to get a halloween costume for work. I think that I am going to be a tooth fairy. So fun!
2. I have to get groceries. We are out of a lot so i am anticipating an expensive day, so no junk today.
3. We have to pick up some money from the ski swap, We are trying to sell Matt's old ski boots, so hopefully they go. We are going to have a nice look around too
4. Bring money in the bank to pay for things
5. Clean my house
6. Do laundry
7. Cook some Turnip stumpot for lunch
8. Go to Biblestudy tonight
9. Relax? Maybe?

So I should get moving, Matt is still in bed so I think Ill do a little cleaning before we leave but I was hoping to leave soon... So I might have to rush his sleeping in. Have a super saturday and I loved all your comments that was so encouraging for Matt too to hear that from you. Please really continue to pray for him that he will be able to understand and retain the knowledge. I love you all and am looking forward to seeing most (as in the ones I will not see) of you next week when we come home.
Love Always
Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

Dad and Sharon said...

Hey, sounds like a busy day. Hope you make more money at the ski swap then you spend:). The Good Shephard must be one of those movies you realy have to pay attention to, as Matt mentioned in his e-mail that he didn't think he got it all and would have to watch it again.We just got back from grocery shopping, not cheap.Sharon is going to the Confed Center tonight with some friends to a stand-up comedy consert. So I guess I will have a quite night at home watching T.V.. Enjoy your week-end....love you both....Dad

The Nieuwhofs said...

It is so nice to be able to wake up to christian music. Maybe some day we'll have it here, for now, my Ipod will do. Funny how you started family night about the same way that we had it here at home. Complete with pizza. Wow!
I just came back from doing groceries with Damaris, probably spent more then you did. We still have a lot of lunches to make.
I updated my blog. Even put video on. Hope it works.
We continue to pray for all you guys every day. Have a great weekend. Love, DAD

rustico3059 said...

Just like you, make a list, check it off as you go along. No one else has that ability around here.
Have a great weekend,
Love MOM