Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Things here are good. Matt and I just got home from our weekend away. The calendar is already magnatized to the fridge and I am already writing stuff on it. Matt doesnt have school tomorrow and he told me that he would write his exams on it tomorrow, I think that will work better.
We got home on friday night at around 8:30 and spent until 12:30 catching up and chatting with Mom and Dad, It is so nice to sit and chat over a bag of chips and a glass of water. Matt had a bit of a stiffer drink, haha. We got up earlyish and went to see a few of the daycare kids, it was so nice to see them and chat with them about how school is going for them. They seem to have adjusted well and I really think they like going to see Mom during the week. I think that she enjoys having them around too.
Then we went shopping and I tried on some long shirts that you are supposed to wear with tights. I have the tights to wear under my pants because the winters are cold here and I dont like being cold. Anyway, it looked well enough but it felt like I was wearing pajamas and it just wasnt me. After we discovered that we went to Matts house for Thanksgiving dinner we arrived a little early, about 11:45 or so. And it didnt really seem like dinner was ready, turns out dinner wasnt until 5. haha. it was funny. Matt and I spent the afternoon shopping and he got me a new snowsuit for Christmas. I know it is early but we justified it for many reasons, like they never have my size after a while and this time they did so we decided that we should get it now, but I will wear my old one until christmas so it is still special.
Turkey dinner was really tasty and filling and we spent the night with Our buddies and the rest of the weekend kinda went like that.
I would keep writing but Matt is waiting for me to watch Raising Helen with him and it is such a good movie and I dont know how often he will be willing to wait for me. hehe.
So I will continue to write tomorrow night. I love you all and it was so nice to see most of you.
Dont forget to leave your comments and have a super day!
love Amanda and Matt

4 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

Sounds like you had an exciting weekend. I'm glad that you guys had fun. It would've been sad if you went back to PEI and it wasn't as good as you expected/remembered. Today is a pretty chill day. It's been very warm this weekend and neither of us slept well last night - so I'm glad today is chill. Isaac has the afternoon off, but since he has an exam on Thurs. he'll probably go back to school after lunch. Well, I'm going to read until he gets back. Love you!!
~ Mary

Unknown said...

We were so happy to see you this weekend. You surely made the girls' day. It was so awesome to see the look on Kamryn's face when she seen you. I actually kept it a secret that you were coming home and it was worth it to see her in such astonishment to see you. Poor Matt, you're not forgotten, it was great to see you too!
Michelle

sugarnuggets said...

Too bad about not finding those shirts to be you... I went shopping for jeans and couldn't find any that fit right. I did end up at laSenza today and got some of those silky lounge pants...soooo nice!!!!!

Glad you had a great visit to the Island!

Better next time eh!
Love ya, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Hi you guys. It was wonderful to see you Sunday. I really enjoyed getting together with everybody. I sure am hoping that I'm among those YOU enjoyed seeing. Your last paragraph states you only liked seeing most of us.Mmmmmm.... I wonder which ones you didn't get along with:P. I so hope you meant the ones that weren't here. :)

I'm glad the calendar is such a highlight in your lives. It was so fun when I found it. Thanks for the card -- SO nice.

Marten and I have done that with Christmas presents as well. I've bought boots and waited til after Christmas to wear them. If you wait, you just don't find the style or size. Smart thinking. What's it like? What color?

Speaking of Christmas... I have Matt's name. Do you have any ideas for me? Please!

Have a great day! Love, Tante Karen