Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm A Theif... :|

I am not proud of myself.... Should I even admit to you my thefty nature? You might never want to be around me again. Maybe you wouldn't even love me anymore. No I cant tell you. Sorry I just can't taint your view of me. So on to other things.
I am preparing my lesson for GEMS (not its NOT about stealing) It is about how we are Heirs of God. How we gain so much by knowing God as our personal saviour. It starting by me giving them a cupcake with a little lit birthday candle and we have to make a wish. Then we have to talk about what we wished for. Then we talk about how the things we wished for are all good and we dont wish for bad. But the lesson goes on to explain how bad things are part of being a christian and that if the world was easy and comfotable we would love the world, but since life is not always easy we look to God for comfort and strength and therefore we love God more than the world.
If you were on your way to New York or Toronto to recieve 10 million dollars and one mile before you arrived at the city you broke down, how would you react? You would probably think "No big deal! Ill just walk the last mile" The reward waiting for you would make your trouble seem very minor.
I just thought that was so neat. It really puts into perspective bad days at work, people getting hurt or dying or not getting the presents that I want. Because these are just things that are so completely temporary that after all this heaven is such a great reward.
So I think I will have fun sharing that lesson tomorrow. I usually have a lot of fun at GEMS and the girls that I have definatly have a lot worse things going on in their lives than I do and it sort of makes it hard to teach God;s love for any situation when my childhood was so great. I feel like I should be able to provve it, but I have to be ok with the fact that I cant.
Anyway, that is my sermon for the day. On another note I had a really awesome day, as I am trying to write this Matt is playing peek a boo with and trying to annoy me. His basic purpose is to get me to say its annoying and I made the mistake of telling him that he would get tired of it before I would say that I was annoyed. He is so funny. I just love how he can make me laugh. hahah
Anway I am going now and by the way, I stole a few extra bags when I was at Sobeys today cause they just work so much better. I know... BAD but o well thay are awesome garbage bags, way better than Superstore. I love you all and I hope you have a super day and an awesome reward to look forward to in heaven!
Love Always,
Matt and Amanda

5 comments:

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

hey guys, ahh, what's a few extra grocery bags, they make millions every day.
I liked your 'sermon' amanda, always nice to be able to put some perspective on life, turn things into positives. a hard thing to do sometimes...
I'm glad you enjoy gems and that you are able to share some of that sunny personality of yours with those girls, they sound like they need a ray of sunshine in their lives.
well have a great day and a great week.
Hi Matt!
love tante tineke and the gang

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Man... what a suspense writer you are. I couldn't imagine what you would have stolen. I was so relieved at the end to hear it was Sobeys bags. And I'm in total agreement... soooooo much better than the Superstore's.
Have an awesome time at GEMS. What a great lesson. I appreciate you sharing it with us. Nice reminder for me.
Oh, and by the way, I found out tonight that Julie has my name for Christmas so I guess you don't need my wish list. Sorry about that. I thought you were asking me at Thanksgiving. Oh well. You could buy me something anyway. lol Just joking.
Love to both (even the annoying, funny husband of yours :D), Tante Karen

rustico3059 said...

I am back on the air, Pete fixed my computer, virus is gone.
We went to Fim's funeral today, and it was emotionally very draining. She sure is leaving behind a great legacy, and I will certainly miss her. She was a woman full of wisdom, and all the fruit of the spirit were certainly evident in her. Also shows me how short I am falling, something to strive for.
Anyway, have a great day,
Love MOM

Mary and Isaac said...

hahahah. You thief! How could you. just kidding. Around here, people are so 'green conscious' that they glare at you when you get your groceries in plastic bags rather than paper. When you buy 2 weeks worth of groceries at once like we do, paper bags are not reliable for mass transport.
anyway, havea great weekend. Love you!
~ M

sugarnuggets said...

Superstore bags can barely hold groceries let alone garbage!! We don't have sobeys and go to Food Basics instead...you have to buy their bags or bring your own. I like taking my IKEA bags, but you don't really want to lift it when it is full of cans!
The Walmart bags are really good too..for the can.

What neat stuff you are doing at GEMS...those object lessons are so cool, and a visual like that will stick with the girls!

Have a great day, TT