Sunday, September 9, 2007

The End Of Our First Week Here.

Hello all,
Sorry if I let anyone down my not having a post for you to read yesterday. Matt and I went early to the Farmer's Market so I didn't have time to write when I got up in the morning. We had a nice time at the Farmer's Market, There were alot of fresh vegetables. Dad, they were selling a 1-2lb bag of Norlad's for $5. It's too bad that I live here now, we could have totally done that at home. Maybe rebecca should start a side business for you. :D All Matt and I got were some samosas they were quite delicious. We did see alot of things I liked but since we have a lot of veggies in the freezer I couldn't really justify it.
We just relaxed for the afternoon, Matt studied and I baked, cleaned house, painted my nails, and cooked supper. It was a fruitful day. My friends came over yesterday night. It was so fun to hang out, talk and watch a chickflick.
Matt and I went to the Fredericton CRC for church this morning. It was really nice, they have a few people our age and we are going to start a bible study. We had a kick off BBQ at one of the people's houses. It makes it so fun to live here, they do a lot together and I think they will make great friends.
Other than that there isn't a lot to tell. Things are honkey dory here and I am looking forward to starting work tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.
I hope you all enjoyed a great weekend and have a great week doing whatever you have planned. It was so nice to hear from all of you guys, I appreciate so much that you take the time to write us.
Love Always
Matt and Amanda

3 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

It was just great to see another post. Sounds like you had a very interesting day yesterday. They were sure getting a good price for their Norlands. If we could get half of that for vour crop, we would do real good.
Mary left here around 4 pm, so she should be at your place around 8 o'clock tonight. Or earlier, depending on her driving.
Wehope to leave tomorrow morning early. Like, hit the road at 5 am.
Doesn't that sound like fun.
We'll pick Mary up at the last exit. The one closest to you, after the New Maryland exit.
Well, the next couple of weeks our internet will depend on availability. So until next time.
Love you guys, DAD

sugarnuggets said...

What a fun day! I did some farmer's market shopping too! Way fun...I got some new potatoes for 3.99 but they were just whites, at least two varieties in the same bag, one of them being Russets, and the other just very scabby and non-descript.
...the bags don't list the name of the variety here...and the yukon's aren't really yukons either!!!

Glad you found a fun group too!!! But...you're such fun yourselves...who wouldn't want to hang out with YOU!!!

Have a great week, hope all goes well and how neat that you got to have at least some of your family to stop in!!! Some is more than zero I always say.

Love ya, TT

Unknown said...

You guys are so busy and you've only been there for a few days. Congratulations on being a new aunt. That's great to hear that Dianna had a baby boy. I'll be sure to tell the kids. Sounds like you may be getting some visitors over the next few days so enjoy your time with them! You are so dedicated to your blog, awesome!